A new Public Health Project with international development funding to
advance child and family health in Nigeria through indigenous NGO
advocacy has vacancy for a highly motivated individual to join the
project team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
- Under the direction of the Director of Finance and Grants, the
Accounts Assistant will be responsible for managing the petty cash of
- S/he will assist the Director to ensure that all books are kept
accurately and up to date, an asset and supplier’s register is
established, and procurement is carried out in accordance with the
- The position holder will also be required to prepare financial reports and track obligations and conduct financial analysis.
- The ideal candidate should have a university degree in
Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any other relevant field
with 1-5 years of post National Youth Service experience, of which 1
year must be in similar role.
- Possession of Chartered Accounting qualifications will be an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate must also have sound understanding or
experience in accounting related to NGO programs as well as excellent
computer skills with experience in accounting software.
Job Title: Communications Officer
- The Communication Officer will produce outputs to populate the
project’s website; will proof-read and manage media reports, develop
communication materials such as – press releases, brochures and annual
- The ideal candidate will also oversee the editing of technical content development of all project documents for dissemination.
- S/he will be responsible for developing the communication
strategy for the project and will give leadership to the implementation
of such strategy.
- The ideal candidate should have a first degree in relevant field such as Communications, English and/or international relations.
- Knowledge of child and family health issues with 2-3 years working experience in a development environment will be an asset.
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is required.
- S/he must have the ability to simplify and report on research findings.
Job Title: Program Officer
- The Program Officer is required to develop, operationalize and
revise project work-plans to ensure that activities are carried out as
and when scheduled; establish an effective information management
system; review, improve and operationalize the project’s consultants
management data base; produce activity and periodic reports; and
establish improved mechanisms, guidelines and operating principles for
- S/he must have a first degree in the Social Sciences with 3-5
years of experience in a similar position in a public health project; and
excellent coordination and project management competences.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Locations: Abuja and Kano
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for developing and maintaining the M&E systems of the project.
- S/he will develop and administer tools to determine project performance.
- S/he will upload and archive project documents and reports.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for reviewing and
summarizing data from project reports, will train staff and partners and
work with external consultants to ensure that M&E outputs are
published and disseminated.
- S/he will collate required data from project records track
program performance as well as to ensure all reports and related
deliverables including work plans and performance monitoring plans are
produced and delivered on time and are of high quality.
- The ideal candidate is expected to have a post-graduate degree
in relevant Social Sciences discipline such as Sociology or Demography.
Post-graduate qualifications in Public Health will be an asset.
- S/he must have a minimum 3 years experience designing and
implementing monitoring and evaluation systems for NGOs or international
development organizations; strong interest in research and research
skills; strong ability to work with quantitative and qualitative data
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume with
contact details of 2 referees and a one (1) page application letter
explaining the skills you bring to the post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Insert the post applied for in the subject of the email.
- Do not attach scanned copies of certificates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- The recruiter is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified individuals.
Application Deadline 5th September, 2016.