16 Aug 2016
Current Job Positions in an International Public Health Organization
Job Title: Finance Officer
- Under the direction of the Director of Finance and Grants, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for managing the petty cash of the project
- S/he will assist the Director to ensure that all books are kept accurately and up to date, an asset and supplier’s register is established, and procurement is carried out in accordance with the organization’s policy.
- The position holder will also be required to prepare financial reports and track obligations and conduct financial analysis.
- The ideal candidate should have a university degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any other relevant field with 1-5 years of post National Youth Service experience, of which 1 year must be in similar role.
- Possession of Chartered Accounting qualifications will be an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate must also have sound understanding or experience in accounting related to NGO programs as well as excellent computer skills with experience in accounting software.
Job Title: Communications Officer
- The Communication Officer will produce outputs to populate the project’s website; will proof-read and manage media reports, develop communication materials such as - press releases, brochures and annual program reports.
- The ideal candidate will also oversee the editing of technical content development of all project documents for dissemination.
- S/he will be responsible for developing the communication strategy for the project and will give leadership to the implementation of such strategy.
- The ideal candidate should have a first degree in relevant field such as Communications, English and/or international relations.
- Knowledge of child and family health issues with 2-3 years working experience in a development environment will be an asset.
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is required.
- S/he must have the ability to simplify and report on research findings.
Job Title: Program Officer
- The Program Officer is required to develop, operationalize and revise project work-plans to ensure that activities are carried out as and when scheduled; establish an effective information management system; review, improve and operationalize the project’s consultants management data base; produce activity and periodic reports; and establish improved mechanisms, guidelines and operating principles for project management.
- S/he must have a first degree in the Social Sciences with 3-5 years of experience in a similar position in a public health project; and excellent coordination and project management competences.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Locations: Abuja and Kano
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for developing and maintaining the M&E systems of the project.
- S/he will develop and administer tools to determine project performance.
- S/he will upload and archive project documents and reports.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for reviewing and summarizing data from project reports, will train staff and partners and work with external consultants to ensure that M&E outputs are published and disseminated.
- S/he will collate required data from project records track program performance as well as to ensure all reports and related deliverables including work plans and performance monitoring plans are produced and delivered on time and are of high quality.
- The ideal candidate is expected to have a post-graduate degree in relevant Social Sciences discipline such as Sociology or Demography. Post-graduate qualifications in Public Health will be an asset.
- S/he must have a minimum 3 years experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems for NGOs or international development organizations; strong interest in research and research skills; strong ability to work with quantitative and qualitative data analysis software
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume with contact details of 2 referees and a one (1) page application letter explaining the skills you bring to the post to: email@example.com
- Insert the post applied for in the subject of the email.
- Do not attach scanned copies of certificates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- The recruiter is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified individuals.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.