Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers
specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions.
The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices
around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is
part of the Maersk Group
Damco is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Key Account Manager
- Damco Logistics Nigeria is looking for an experienced and
commercially savvy colleague to take the position of Key Account Manager
to spearhead our expansion in the country.
- The job will be an exciting opportunity to innovate & drive a
sound commercial strategy and management of same to achieve success in a
combination of developed and emerging markets.
- Strong emphasis is put on emerging Supply Chain Management
opportunities and the candidate should have experience from selling and
- The Key Account Manager reports to the Area Chief Commercial Officer in Lagos, and will be a part of the Country leadership team
- Directly manage a portfolio of Key Accounts
- Act as the single and main contact in country for all accounts assigned to the portfolio, in respect to commercial activities
- Build and maintain relationships with as many key
contacts/decision makers as possible inside customers organization and
enhance a long-lasting business partnerships
- Include key DAMCO personnel into the relationship to ensure that relationships run as deep as possible into both organizations
- Be the “voice” of the customer identifying issues and addressing them throughout the organization in a proactive manner.
- Must understand CRM and SMART reporting and ensure that they use these tools in accordance to company guidelines
- Must personally update all information into the CRM as required by the company
- Constantly update their own skills and knowledge within the assigned Vertical
- KAM’s will work closely with Project Managers to ensure we are tackling the account from all angles
- Understand and translate the local needs of the Customers and
share and engage with other IMEA TEAM KAM’s as well as other KAMs across
- Promote IMEA throughout the KAM global organization
- Ensure engagement between IMEA and Global organization
- Act as the liaison between the customer and the DAMCO organization
Who we are looking for
- Strong Experience of more than 5 years in the Logistics Industry
- Strong analysis and judgment skills
- Must speak and write English at a high level
- Speaking any third language is considered a benefit
- Must be outgoing and easily able to build relationships at all levels
- Must have a proven track record in sales
- Ability to work as individual but also as a TEAM Player
- Very strong Customer facing and presentation skills
- Must speak and write the native language at a high level
An impactful role in the growth based strategy for the Country with a
pipeline that covers a full range of logistics services and the package
to match your experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th September, 2016.