JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the
Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company
has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become
a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business
activities. The Group’s broad range of industries and services offer
rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy
ambitions for a successful future career.
JAGAL Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Document Controller
Reporting to: Information
- Provide an organized exchange of documents with co-workers, clients, or vendors.
- Perform equal parts of database management, administrative support and quality assurance tasks.
- Ensure that documents are complete, accurate and in compliance with ND procedures
- Circulate new documents and related change notices for approval by all stakeholders.
- Ensure that obsolete/ supersede documents/drawings are effectively collected and destroyed
- Manage all project documents and records
- Manage document/drawing reviews and approvals, including change
requests and updates ensure end users are using the correct version
Key Aims and Objectives
- Develop a document control system to improve productivity and enhance client relationship/satisfaction.
- Assist the project teams with document management
- Ensure version control and efficient distribution to project staff
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for controlling the numbering, filing, sorting and
retrieval of electronically stored or hard copy documentation produced
by project teams and departments in a timely, accurate and efficient
- Responsible for the validation of documents to ensure version control, approvals and distribution
- Filing and archiving of documentation to facilitate easy retrieval at a later date.
- Manage the document/drawing review process, Internal and External.
- Archiving data for historical purposes.
- Perform regular audit on Gulf documents in order to ensure that
all documents are properly submitted to other units of the
- Effectively follow the company’s standard operating procedure in submissions of documents.
- Edit documents that have typographic errors and other types of errors that may lead to the disqualification of a document.
- Ensuring that all files submitted are approved
- Sending, receiving, distributing and tracking documents.
- Accuracy checks and recording of data about documents and their storage.
- Monitor deadlines, audit information, research and answer queries
- Maintain document control registers / documents for incoming and outgoing project documents.
- Production of status reports for weekly / monthly meetings
- Develop and maintain a document transmittal process
- Respond to queries regarding revision status of issued drawings/documents
- Follow and update document control procedures when necessary
- Scanning, creation of CD’s and files manipulation.
- Assure document quality to include completeness, accuracy and compliance with Gulf procedures
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Project Managers
- Construction Managers
- Nigerdock Nigeria Plc and her Clients
- Commercial Department
- Technical Department
- Plant Department
- A minimum of 10 years trade background (preferably carpentry)
along with at least 5 years of site supervision experience is essential.
Must have a good sound knowledge and experience of all construction
disciplines from groundwork’s, shuttering to finishing works such as
tiling, plastering etc.
- Should have previous experience in managing Construction industry documents and records
- Familiar with following standards will be an added advantage
- ISO 15489 Information and documentation – Records management
- ISO 23950 Information and documentation – Information retrieval
(Z39.50) – Application service definition and protocol specification
- ISO 10244 Document management – Business process base lining and analysis
- ISO 32000 Document management – Portable document format
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality management systems – document control requirements
- ISO 2709 Information and documentation – Format for information exchange,
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply