4 Aug 2016
EGINA Job in Lagos for a Construction Advisor
effective and competitive manner.
The Onstream Group constantly searches for new solutions for our clients, adapting to current needs and changing industry trends, staying competitive globally and gaining market share.
Onstream Group is recruiting to fill the job position below at EGINA in Lagos:
Job Title: Construction Advisor
Hours per week: 40
- Coordinate and Report on regular basis progress of efforts at resolving key work strategy differences between CPY& SHI and any other assigned areas of concern to DGM FPSO and In-Country Construction Manager.
- The key objective of this position therefore is creation of functional channel of communication between EPC
- Contractor (SHI) and CPY FPSO Team for Egina FPSO Project activities in Nigeria. In addition, the position shall:
- Provide leadership during technical workshops by narrowing the gaps in understanding and perception between CPY and CTR position.
- Assist in facilitating resolution of complex or difficult interfaces with SHI Korea particularly as it concerns Integration and Offshore Hook-up phases of the work.
- Fully support CPY FPSO Management team through provision of any other valuable professional advice on work strategies that could help move the project forward.
- Focus on developing trust between both parties and creating the enabling environment for openness and sharing of each party’s work execution strategy for the overall benefit of the project.
- Participate in project weekly meeting and any important meeting with Contractor upon request by management.
- Participate at any interface meeting with SHI and any others that could work programs at Ladol or offshore.
- Review and analyse planning updates and critical path for all activities related to Nigerian Content packages including integration & hook up activities offshore.
- Detect and highlight potential causes of delays and constraints and propose remedial action.
- Provide input for better or any improvement on fabrication sequence, pre-commissioning strategy, and integration as well as hook-up activities.
- Maintain good communication with SHI Egina Management team in Korea and Nigeria.
- Coordinate with the interface coordinator and other project engineers for interface management (provide information required by others and takes into account information from others).
- Contribute to project activity planning for Ladol & Offshore bringing onboard experiences from past major projects in Nigeria.
- Improve effectiveness of communication between Company site representative and Contractor site team.
- Maintain good relationships with contractors, being relatively flexible, proactive but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the project.
- Attend Yard Safety tours at least once a month.
- To participate to local programs or initiatives to improve HSSE performances.
- To report to Management on any specific issue related to Korean culture that could improve HSE compliance on site.
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
- Qualified Oil & Gas Facilities Engineer of Korean origin with at least 20 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas production projects, 10 years of which have been at management level.
- Good communications skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Language: Fluent in English and Korean Language.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.