British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global
organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic
future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and
exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets
by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility
expected of global consumer brands.
British American Tobacco (BAT) is currently recruiting to fill the vacant job position below:
Job Title: Merchandiser – Other Areas
Job number: 12370BR
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- You will be a member of the Trade Marketing & Distribution
department, which is responsible for the implementation of the route to
- This includes ensuring product availability, visibility, volume,
margin, quality and retail pricing are properly implemented and
- The job is also about identification of new opportunities and the initiation, development and deployment of trade programmes.
Your day to day activity is to:
- Ensure the effective and efficient execution of marketing activities in the defined territory and extended coverage area
- Achieve volume and distribution targets through direct selling
(Top-up stock), management of the rural wholesale customer and
monitoring of van sales.
- Improve the company’s corporate image by operating at the
highest business ethics, environmental, health and safety standards
using the IMS as a guide
- Serve as part of a ‘Tactical Response Team’, positioned to
address situations arising within the market, as well as business needs.
In this regard, direction to be provided by Area Manager, TMDM or
- Execute basic TM&D activities in the outlets located within
the territory in order to meet company objectives as described in the
cycle plan (visibility, availability, freshness, consumer contacting
Your people responsibility will be:
- Supporting Rural wholesale business expansion by providing Trade marketing support for the DSS rep attached.
- Supporting Van Reps to achieve high performance by developing new routes and giving TM&D support to existing outlets.
- Engaging local government officials, transport/ traffic agencies
and other stakeholders to avoid disruption of BAT operations in the
defined rural territory
- Candidate must have an OND degree from any reputable polytechnic.
- Knowledge of redistribution concept, business reporting and communication
- Fluency in English
- Driving skills.
- Should have basic Selling, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining relationships with consumers, retailers and semi wholesaler
- Knowledge of Rural towns and road networks is desirable
- Understanding of the local languages in territory is a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th September, 2016.