2 Aug 2016
Family Health Plus (FH+) Vacancy for a Workshop Rapporteur
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. Wealso provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
In August 2016, the USAID-funded Family Health Plus (FH+) project will convene an Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop for five state-level Family Planning Advocacy Working Groups (FPAWG) in Abuja, Nigeria. During the workshop, each State FPAWG will work toward developing state-specific advocacy strategy. Formalized advocacy strategy documents for each state will serve to guide FPAWG activities for a two-year period.
Job Title: Workshop Rapporteur, Family Planning Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop
Objective, Duties and Responsibilities
FH+ is seeking a Workshop Rapporteur to provide secretarial and administrative support for the conduct of the above-mentioned Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop for FP. The workshop will last five days. During the workshop, each state FPAWG will identify current challenges to FP access and uptake, as well as identify opportunities and strategies to engage state policymakers and drive action for increased investment in FP.
Specifically, the Workshop Rapporteur will provide logistics support to the FH+ project team?the HSS Advisor and Advocacy/Policy Officer?during the planning for and conduct of the workshop, and complete a workshop report. Specifically, s/he shall be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that participants properly complete the registration process on day-1 and the daily attendance sheet;
- Ensure that complete documentations are received from all participants for proper reimbursements and payments due them;
- Ensure safe keeping and availability of workshop materials for use during the workshop;
- Act as liaison between participants and hotel on all logistics issues relating to the workshop;
- Ensure proper documentation of daily proceedings including providing support for printings, photocopies, etc. during the duration of the workshop.
- Work with the Advocacy Strategy Document Development Consultant to conduct pre- and post- tests for the workshop including workshop evaluation and summaries.
- Based on Workshop proceedings, complete report.
The consultancy is for a period of ten days (10) days as follows:
- 1.5 days of workshop preparation (creation of sign-in sheets, printing, support to FH+ project staff as needed)
- 5 days of workshop proceedings
- 1.5 day for summary of workshop evaluations (pre- and post- test)
- 2 days post-workshop for finalization and submission of report
A final workshop process and technical report complete with evaluation sheets to be submitted no later than 5 days after workshop completion.
- Minimum Bachelor?s degree in Public Health, or other related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Proven experience with workshop/training coordination and logistics.
- Experience with family planning, reproductive health, and/or population projects a plus.
- Mastery of written and verbal English-language communication skills.
- Strong writing skills, ability to synthesize information into a cohesive report/product
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.