Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact
for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives
and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for
suitability to work with children. Wealso provide equal employment to
all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
August 2016, the USAID-funded Family Health Plus (FH+) project will
convene an Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop for five state-level
Family Planning Advocacy Working Groups (FPAWG) in Abuja, Nigeria.
During the workshop, each State FPAWG will work toward developing
state-specific advocacy strategy. Formalized advocacy strategy documents
for each state will serve to guide FPAWG activities for a two-year
Job Title: Workshop Rapporteur, Family Planning Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop
Objective, Duties and Responsibilities
FH+ is seeking a
Workshop Rapporteur to provide secretarial and administrative support
for the conduct of the above-mentioned Advocacy Capacity Building
Workshop for FP. The workshop will last five days. During the workshop,
each state FPAWG will identify current challenges to FP access and
uptake, as well as identify opportunities and strategies to engage state
policymakers and drive action for increased investment in FP.
the Workshop Rapporteur will provide logistics support to the FH+
project team?the HSS Advisor and Advocacy/Policy Officer?during the
planning for and conduct of the workshop, and complete a workshop
report. Specifically, s/he shall be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that participants properly complete the registration process on day-1 and the daily attendance sheet;
- Ensure that complete documentations are received from all participants for proper reimbursements and payments due them;
- Ensure safe keeping and availability of workshop materials for use during the workshop;
- Act as liaison between participants and hotel on all logistics issues relating to the workshop;
proper documentation of daily proceedings including providing support
for printings, photocopies, etc. during the duration of the workshop.
with the Advocacy Strategy Document Development Consultant to conduct
pre- and post- tests for the workshop including workshop evaluation and
- Based on Workshop proceedings, complete report.
Terms and Conditions
The consultancy is for a period of ten days (10) days as follows:
- 1.5 days of workshop preparation (creation of sign-in sheets, printing, support to FH+ project staff as needed)
- 5 days of workshop proceedings
- 1.5 day for summary of workshop evaluations (pre- and post- test)
- 2 days post-workshop for finalization and submission of report
final workshop process and technical report complete with evaluation
sheets to be submitted no later than 5 days after workshop completion.
- Minimum Bachelor?s degree in Public Health, or other related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Proven experience with workshop/training coordination and logistics.
- Experience with family planning, reproductive health, and/or population projects a plus.
- Mastery of written and verbal English-language communication skills.
- Strong writing skills, ability to synthesize information into a cohesive report/product
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply