The Nigerian Government is putting in place a mechanism to implement the
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Report on the Environmental
Assessment of Ogoniland and other Oil Impacted Communities in the Niger
Delta Region of the country.
To this end, the Federal Ministry of
Environment, as the focal Ministry responsible for the implementation of
the Report invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced
candidates for appointment as Project Coordinator for the Hydrocarbon
Pollution Remediation Project (HYPREP) based in Port Harcourt, Rivers
State. We are seeking a passionate, energetic and results driven
candidate with substantial experience in environmental remediation.
Applicants should demonstrate through commitment to the objectives of
HYPREP, inclusiveness, team work and accountability. The Project
Coordinator shall report to the HYPREP Governing Council.
Federal Ministry of Environment is currently seeking for suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Project Coordinator shall be responsible for the
Administration of the HYPREP Project Office, including the day-to-day
operations of the Programme.
- The Project Co-ordinator shall be responsible for any other duties as may be assigned to him by the HYPREP Governing Council.
- He/She shall also oversee the Management of the clean-up project and support of the work of the HYPREP Governing Council.
The Requirements for the Project Coordinator are:
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Environmental Sciences or other related disciplines;
- A working knowledge of the hydro carbon remediation;
- Experience in Project, human and material resources management; and
- Proven integrity
- At least Fifteen (15) years cognate experience in Environmental management sector or regulatory body in the petroleum sector;
- A sound knowledge of sustainable development;
Tenure of Office and Conditions of Service
- The Project Coordinator shall hold office for a term of 4 years
in the first instance and may be reappointed for another term of 4 years
and no more.
- The Project Coordinator shall be paid such remuneration as may be determined by the HYPREP Governing Council.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Applications with
three Referee Reports, Photocopies of Certificates, Curriculum Vitae
scanned on a rewritable CD addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Environment,
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Application Deadline 19th August, 2016.