11 Aug 2016
Federal Programme Officers Jobs a Palladium International
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Federal Programme Officer
Project Overview and Role
- The Federal Programme Officer is responsible for supporting the Federal Team Leader in delivering the Federal component of the Engaged Citizens Pillar of PSAGP.
- This includes supporting the FTL in planning programme delivery, co-ordinating inputs from Federal Partnership facilitators and short term advisors and monitoring and recording results.
- The FPO will work to co-ordinate activities with technical and operational teams at the National and state levels as well as liaising with programme partners under the direction of the FTL.
- The Federal Programme Officer will report to the Federal Team Leader and is responsible for working under the direction provided them, regularly reporting to them and ensuring his/her activities fall within agreed frameworks and operating principles, as well as building an effective working relationship more broadly
- Co-ordinating the development and refinement of the Federal programme strategy
- Supporting the FTL in planning for contextual studies to be completed at the Federal level, including co-ordinating the inputs of Federal Partnership Facilitators, short term advisors and partners
- Co-ordinating, under the FTL, the development of workplans and budgets for the Federal level and communicating these to partners, National and State teams
- Supporting the FTL in planning and organising for on-going refinements of the Federal level strategy, including collecting feedback and organising reflection points
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of the agreed workplan under the FTLs guidance, including co-ordinating the work of FPFs and short term advisors
- Coordinating and monitoring the allocation of ECP resources towards different outputs and workstreams
- Manage the inputs of national TA
- Actively work to ensure work at the Federal level is fully integrated with ECP?s information management, communication and monitoring and evaluation systems
- Support the FTL in co-ordinating work with other pillars of PSAG and other Development Partners.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the development and implementation of M&E plans by Federal Partnership Facilitators
- Collate and provide ad-hoc support to Federal Partnership Facilitators in compiling required information/data into the Federal M&E database, activity report & replication diary summary sheets, case studies, QPRs and other reporting templates as required
- Internally communicate/share learning and ideas with staff in the States and Abuja and externally communicate/share learning and ideas with other Development partners as required by the FTL.
- Maintaining regular liaison with the ECP National team and State teams to ensure work at the Federal level is fully co-ordinated with other interventions
- Support the FTL in maintaining regular liaison with key programme partners, including Pillar One of the PSAG programme, other development programmes working at the Federal level, including DDiN-2, FOSTER 2 and other sectoral programmes
- Liaise with partners in the Federal government as required by the FTL
Minimum education and experience required:
- Educated to university degree level or above
- At least 5 years? experience in programme management roles
- Experience working in a donor (preferably DFID) funded programme
- Ability to coordinate between a broad range of stakeholders, including civil society, government and the media and broker relationships between them
- Strong skills in using systems for the delivery of development programmes, including workplanning, monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management
- Ability to work effectively as part of a complex team
- Good understanding of state and civil society dynamics in Nigeria, particularly at the Federal level
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.