FG to Nigeria Immigration recruits: Attend Monday Fresh Screening or Forget Job

The Federal Government has advised the dispersed 2000 recruits of the
Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) to attend the fresh screening exercise
scheduled for next week Monday or forget the job opportunity.

Comptroller General of Immigration Service, Mr Muhammed Babandede, who
said this on Wednesday while briefing newsmen in Abuja, insisted that
such screening was not strange to the law enforcement agency like
immigration service all over the world.

He reiterated the government’s earlier position that their recruitment
process was illegal, adding that it was the intention of the government
to ensure that the right thing was done in order to place them
appropriately.

The service had earlier announced in a statement that the decision to
re-screen the dispersed recruits was reached in the aftermath of an
emergency meeting of the Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration, and Prisons
Services Board (CDFIPB) on the August 11, 2016.

The 2000 dispersed officers were expected to go through necessary
security clearance, undergo a drug-test, certificate verification as
well as the implementation of CDFIPB policy on “Age on Rank”.

But reacting to various protests against the decision of the government
by some of the affected persons, the NIS boss said the aggrieved
recruits should realise that those who recruited them did that go beyond
the instruction of the former president, adding that “those who
committed the offence have been punished.”

He said: “The only condition we gave them is to pass through certain
test and they don’t want to pass through that test. Do you blame
government for that? I think we should commend the President for
approving this kind of procedure.

RELATED:  GE Nigeria Vacancy for a Global Operation - HR Sub Regional Leader - Africa

“It is very commendable, we could have started fresh recruitment with
other people but we said we want to take them alone, when we screen them
and they pass the screen they will get their jobs.

He noted there was no ulterior motive behind the said screening, saying,
“The assurance I will give is that first we are going to follow the due
process. What kind of sinister motive will be when, for example, if we
find somebody who is over 40 years of age and want to start government
work as regimented officer we say no, you can’t say you are not qualify
to be there.

“What sinister motive do we have if we find out that you have a fake
certificate or if we find out that you have positive drug test, we can’t
give riffle to someone who is a drug addict, they will kill people with
straight bullets.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*