9 Aug 2016
Finance and Administration Manager Job at Jhpiego
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 8/09/2016 09:41:00 am Tags: Administrative Jobs , Business and Finance Jobs , Jhpiego
The project proposes to develop a group care model for ANC appropriate to the Nigerian contexts
that will support the MOH to operationalize its guidelines and test whether this alternative model of ANC is more effective, feasible, and acceptable than the current standard of care at achieving better coverage and quality of ANC services.
The project is designed for high-volume government health facilities and will explore the opportunities and challenges of different settings (urban, pert-urban, and rural) to inform scale-up. The Group ANC study is designed to evaluate the effectiveness, acceptability and feasibility of Group ANC as compared to traditional ANC. This study introduces a group care model in two phases: - Improve the quality of facility based ANC, Increase retention in care and the use of key services during pregnancy, childbirth and the year following birth among women over the standard care available.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
The Finance and Administrative Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting, for a CDC-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment (comprehensive services) project in Nigeria. The Finance and Administrative Manager, who we expect will be based in Abuja, will work closely with key program staff to ensure accurate financial, contractual and administrative reporting of the project. The Finance and Administrative Manager will ensure that financial reports are compatible with standard accounting practices and follow Jhpiego and US government (including PEPFAR) rules and regulations. The position is also responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficient spending and for implementing and maintaining an on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of the project’s financial operations. The Finance and Administrative Manager will oversee day-to-day coordination of financial activities for the HIV program, and manages all sub-grants, ensuring compliance and reporting of sub-awardees. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Oversee all financial planning, budgeting and reporting for the project.
- Provide guidance to Country Director and Project Director regarding the financial requirements of the project and office operations.
- Prepare accurate budgets, track expenses, ensure that required financial controls and cost-performance monitoring mechanisms are in place and adhered to, prevent over or under expenditure of budgets, ensure proper safeguards of funds and ensure compliance with established USG and headquarters’ financial, accounting and administrative procedures.
- Review, reconcile and monitor all project accounts, including operating accounts and petty cash operations involving cash advances.
- Determine updated monthly project accruals and projections to support forecasting accuracy and program completion, as required.
- Provide guidance, monitoring and support to project team, including procurement for goods and services, logistical support for local and international travel for staff and consultants, financial oversight of local sub-grantees (as needed) and maintenance of office inventory.
- Provide guidance and support for contracts development and management
- Provide financial capacity-building for local grantees.
- Maintain and administer project financial accounting system.
- Prepare the monthly financial report by using adapted finance software (QuickBooks).
- Use various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphic packages to assemble, manipulate, and format data and/or reports.
- Implement and oversee a detailed financial reporting and reimbursement process in accordance with Jhpiego's established financial system.
- Make in-country budget adjustments and other cost improvement measures, as required.
- Manage the effective utilization of projects financial management system to ensure accurate budgets, tracking of expenses, required financial controls are in place and adhered to, prevents over-expenditure of budgets, ensures proper safeguards of funds, and ensures compliance with established donor, Johns Hopkins University and Jhpiego financial and accounting procedures.
- Collaborate with the Country Director and Project Director to assist program staff in developing work plans and annual budgets for program activities and local office costs.
- Review and administer sub-agreements, monitor grants payments and the compliance to award terms and conditions
- Ensure that donor resources are appropriately directed to program priorities and are in line with program work plans.
- Contribute to program team in developing work plans and annual budgets for program activities and local office costs.
- Manage all sub-grants to local grantees ensuring sub-awardees’ compliance and reporting
- Serve as a resource person for non-finance staff on USG, JHU and Jhpiego rules and policy.
- Provide oversight to project finance officers.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field to the position requirements.
- At least ten years of experience in financial management for large complex projects, of which at least five years were working in the field of international development.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative and financial management of international programs larger than US $5 million per year
- Seven or more years of senior-level work experience with USG (CDC, USAID) or other donors
- Knowledge of USG cost principles, including USAID regulations, GAAP accounting rules PEPFAR expenditure analysis reports and contract management
- Conversant with CDC and PEPFAR financial guidelines/regulations
- Familiarity with USG policies and administrative procedures
- Expert knowledge Proficiency in the use of financial software applications (QuickBooks), databases, spreadsheets, and/or word processing. Packages include: Microsoft Outlook, Access, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel unrestricted within Nigeria and internationally.
Nigerian nationals strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.