11 Aug 2016
Finance Assistant Job at Save the Children Nigeria
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
- Support and ensure that sub grantees (CSOs) have clear roles and responsibilities, and a strong understanding of all Donors and save the children regulation and policies, especially the core policies such as; Child Safeguarding policy, Code of Conduct, Fraud & dishonesty policies, Anti-bribery and corruption policy and whistle blowing policy.
- Liaise with the Finance Cordinator, Katsina and Field Manager, Jigawa to ensure timely and appropriate cash flows, matched with the operational needs of the state office and budget forecasts, and in line with SC policies, GATES and other donor requirements.
- Assist the Finance Coordinator, Katsina to manage the electronic spreadsheet/format for receiving and disbursing funds on GLACOSS.
- Support the Finance Coordinator, Katsina in processing all banking activities in the state office, ensuring that bank account records are accurately maintained, and that bank instruments are obtained on a timely basis.
- Support the Field team and Country Office to provide administrative and technical support to the partners to ensure that all financial documentation and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis in line with SC policies, project agreements, GATES and other requirements.
- Work with the Katsina team (Administration/HR, Logistics and Security) and the Country to establish basic systems/procedures for state office support functions, such as: communications, documentation, records, file-keeping, publications, training resources and informational materials, inventories for office supplies and equipment, etc.
- Support the Field Manager and office assistant to coordinate all state-level procurement activities, basic administrative functions, and asset/property management in line with SC policies, GATES and other requirements.
- Process all payments (cheque and/or cash) to vendors, service providers, and partners in line with SC policies, GATES and other requirements. Ensure all financial transactions in the state office are appropriately approved, authorised and administered, in line with SC, GATES and other policies.
- Maintain the office cash box and disburse cash payments. Ensure weekly cash counts are done and properly documented by non-finance staff.
- Ensure floats taken are retired with adequate support documentation and forward it Finance Coordinator.
- Work effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Holds self and others accountable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th August, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.