Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for
children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight
for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
- Support and ensure that sub grantees (CSOs) have clear roles and
responsibilities, and a strong understanding of all Donors and save the
children regulation and policies, especially the core policies such as;
Child Safeguarding policy, Code of Conduct, Fraud & dishonesty
policies, Anti-bribery and corruption policy and whistle blowing policy.
- Liaise with the Finance Cordinator, Katsina and Field Manager,
Jigawa to ensure timely and appropriate cash flows, matched with the
operational needs of the state office and budget forecasts, and in line
with SC policies, GATES and other donor requirements.
- Assist the Finance Coordinator, Katsina to manage the electronic
spreadsheet/format for receiving and disbursing funds on GLACOSS.
- Support the Finance Coordinator, Katsina in processing all
banking activities in the state office, ensuring that bank account
records are accurately maintained, and that bank instruments are
obtained on a timely basis.
- Support the Field team and Country Office to provide
administrative and technical support to the partners to ensure that all
financial documentation and reports are prepared and submitted on a
timely basis in line with SC policies, project agreements, GATES and
- Work with the Katsina team (Administration/HR, Logistics and
Security) and the Country to establish basic systems/procedures for
state office support functions, such as: communications, documentation,
records, file-keeping, publications, training resources and
informational materials, inventories for office supplies and equipment,
- Support the Field Manager and office assistant to coordinate all
state-level procurement activities, basic administrative functions, and
asset/property management in line with SC policies, GATES and other
- Process all payments (cheque and/or cash) to vendors, service
providers, and partners in line with SC policies, GATES and other
requirements. Ensure all financial transactions in the state office are
appropriately approved, authorised and administered, in line with SC,
GATES and other policies.
- Maintain the office cash box and disburse cash payments. Ensure
weekly cash counts are done and properly documented by non-finance
- Ensure floats taken are retired with adequate support documentation and forward it Finance Coordinator.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Work effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Holds self and others accountable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th August, 2016.