23 Aug 2016
Financial Controller Job in Lagos at Michael Stevens Consulting
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 8/23/2016 10:43:00 am Tags: Business and Finance Jobs , Lagos Jobs , Michael Stevens Consulting
emerging opportunities, it has become imperative identify self managed, and very experienced individuals to meet the responsibilities inherent in the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- Coordinating the accounting operations of a member of subsidiary companies.
- Analyzing financial results of the subsidiary companies with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets.
- Financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of the subsidiary companies.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Conducting Performance Analysis of subsidiary companies.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support growth needs of subsidiary companies.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Oversee contract bookkeeper.
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller the FMCG environment.
- The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with a minimum of 12 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in the FMCG environment.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- ACA or ACCA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to:
Application Deadline 22nd September, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.