G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which
specialises in secure outsourcing in countries and sectors where
security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. We make a
difference by helping people to operate in safe and secure
environments where they can
thrive and prosper and we believe this
role can only grow in importance. G4S is the largest employer on the
London Stock Exchange, with operations in more than 125 countries and
over 620,000 employees. In this annual report we feature the important
work carried out by our employees across our 125 countries. We are
proud of the role they play in securing your world.
G4S is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electronic Security Systems (ESS) Technician
- He will report to the Technology Manager and he is responsible
for the provision of an expert service relating to the implementation,
installation and maintenance of technology contracts and projects.
- The successful incumbent must be a self-starter with a proven
track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and
is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement
of the goals of the organization, and understanding the role which
technology plays within a successful business unit.
- The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organization.
- Effective management and administration of the technology contract to ensure sound financial performance
- Job Cards
- Manage the contract cash flow and oversight of invoice documentation and accuracy of information
- Effective management of staff
- Plan and manage the profitability of contracts with a focus on maintenance, sustainability, cost effectiveness and labour.
- Contract Margin Management
- Billable hours
- Proper allocation of staff to work flow and job requirements.
- Co-ordinate with Office around work requirements
- Implement and Monitor daily tasks
Effective management of operations:
- Co-ordinating CCTV and Alarm Maintenance/Project process flow
and activities that has a direct/indirect impact on the outcome and
success of contract/project.
- Maintenance of positive customer relationships
- Quality Management/Ops Process management – adherence to quality standard
- Conduct and oversee quality controls and inspections
- Plan and execute daily tasks with close monitoring of standards and hours.
- Client retention and customer service levels
- Ensuring that all required formal customer meeting are scheduled, attended and minuted.
The Ideal Candidate
- Formal Security Management Training advantageous
- Electronic Security Services Management (3yrs – Management or similar)
Extensive experience w.r.t. implementation of the following systems:
- Fire Detection
- Fire Suppression
- Access Control
- Intruder Detection
Control Room Service experience:
- Financial Management relative to Security Industry
- Good conceptual interpretation and presentation of Financial and Operational Reports to Executive Management.
Software Knowledge Level:
- Broad knowledge of Access Control.
- Strong knowledge base on communication protocols i.e. TCP/IP.
- Basic Computer literacy and proficiency.
- Broad knowledge of CCTV
- Broad knowledge of Intruder Alarm system
Hardware Knowledge Level:
- Broad knowledge of Access Control Hardware.
- Broad knowledge of CCTV
- Broad knowledge of Intercoms
- Broad knowledge of PA systems
- Strong knowledge base on communication protocol wiring i.e. CAT5.
- Broad knowledge of Alarms
- Broad knowledge of Electric Fencing
- Broad knowledge of Gate Motors
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send updated CV’s and a
covering letter clearly stating the position as the subject of the email
Note: Please ensure that your covering letter describes
your experience (past and/or present) with proven abilities for the
position. Candidates without the requisite experience should not apply.
Application Deadline 13th September, 2016.