GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with
software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive
and predictive. Through our people, leadership
technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers
by speaking the language of industry.
GE is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager
Job Number: 2723053
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters
- The Senior Marketing Manager demonstrates accountability for
functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you
will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the
organization, manage complex issues within area of expertise, be
involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall strategy.
- Utilizes Gold Standard marketing practices and skills to develop
and execute the marketing plan for a GE Oil & Gas in Sub-Saharan
Africa. Responsibilities include VOC gathering, Marketing, Blueprint
development and collaboration, segmentation, targeting and positioning
to align messaging, tactics, commercial channel tools and execution for
- Evaluate and make recommendations to the leadership on disruptive technologies, new trends, and other events.
- Promote and support innovation efforts including the incubation
and commercialization of new technologies and business models, and
explore new segments and customers.
- Drive functional tools and/or processes for segmentation, value
proposition development, and Voice of Customer activities. Support
programs to develop differentiation, targeting and positioning
strategies to drive growth and segment penetration.
- Employs market research, industry trend analysis, market share
and competitive analysis, country assessments, in determining and
developing commercial strategy for a product portfolio in SSA region
- Drive adoption of regional marketing strategy with global product and business teams.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 8 years’ experience working with the marketing analytics organization (preferred)
- Comfortable to huge data sets, creative in power point presentations
- Very strong on excel dashboards creation
- Broad range of Marketing skills: from strategic marketing
(product positioning, Life-Cycle management, future offerings) to
commercial marketing (customer activation, distribution models…)
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to think expansively, innovatively and laterally in a global, complex environment.
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and
personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing
- Clear thinker with an ability to focus on the “critical few”
issue/priorities. Able to communicate messages clearly and concisely.
Ability to translate strategy into business objectives.
- Able to build a connection to key stakeholders and establish credibility quickly
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Influencing skills: ability to motivate individuals and
demonstrate organizational influence across all level of the
- Clear communicator: able to translate complex situations into
easy-to-understand elements, strong oral and written communication
- Change management: proven record of assessing the need for change, developing and implementing change
- Innovative: develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
- Previous experience in Marketing or Market Development preferred
- MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing
- Graduate of ECLP, CLS or other GE leadership program
- Strong attitude to create and build new efficient systems and processes involving data
- Work in a global fast paced rapidly changing environment
- Proactive solution provider with fast implementation capabilities
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas (Upstream, Midstream, Downstream) strategic marketing
- Effective presentation and story boarding skills with exposure to executive level presentations
- The direct marketing strategy
- Should be able to understand the business context and design user friendly front ends
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply