Gilead is a Limited Liability Pharmaceutical Company Registered in
Uganda in 1999. The company has both a retail and and
Import/distribution division; the former has a large network of retail
outlets in Uganda.
Gilead Pharmaceuticals is recruiting to fill the vacant job positions below:
Job Title: Regulatory Affairs Specialist
- Responsible for assisting the team with regulatory filings as necessary to market company products.
- This position requires an intermediate understanding of medical
devices and their use as well as an understanding of the regulatory
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with assembly, distribution, storage and tracking and
retrieval of information pertinent to the regulatory process, including
the regulatory submissions process.
- Respond to requests from foreign government and/or distributors as needed
- Assist with the research, analysis and communication of
information pertaining to the appropriate regulatory pathway for new or
- Provides regulatory direction to development project teams as a core team member; develops regulatory strategy for new products
- Evaluate risk of proposed regulatory strategies; may offer solutions
- Reviews proposed labeling for compliance with applicable global regulations
- Writes and manages the development of package inserts
- Reviews and evaluates promotion and advertising material for compliance with applicable regulations
- Reviews proposed product changes for impact on regulatory status of the product
- Communicates with regulatory and governmental agencies with supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in Life Sciences, Technical/Engineering or related field, preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Regulatory Affairs, Engineering, Quality, or related field required
- Regulatory Affairs Certification
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Areas of Competence:
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail; ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities
- Knowledge of overall business environment and the marketplace
- Ability to learn and stay abreast of regulations pertinent to
medical devices, biologics, drugs and combination products as needed
based on functional area
- Ability to build relationships between Regulatory Affairs and
other areas of the organization; ability to communicate effectively at
- Ability to identify risk in Regulatory strategies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Effective negotiating skills
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
Job Title: Senior Operations Executive (Pharmacy)
- Provide quotations to clients
- Assist in packing/labeling of stock
- Assist to pack stock according to invoice to customer
- Feedback on replenishment of stock to facilitate ordering of new stock.
- Co-ordinate between pick-up and delivery or orders.
- Handle Purchase Order/invoicing/credit note
- Handle receipt of stock to system.
- Filing of incoming and outgoing invoices
- Answer to queries from customer/supplier
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate superior
- HND/B.Sc/BA with at least 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good attitude and willing to learn.
- Knowledge of medical / pharmaceutical products will be an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their CV’s/Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
Application Deadline 10th October, 2016.