11 Aug 2016
Graduate Jobs in Lagos at Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited
Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Key Responsibilities include:
- Produce timely and accurate documentation to support all exports and ensure customs compliance
- To be responsible for ensuring the accurate (both physical and paperwork) and timely dispatch of all orders and requests.
- Also ensuring that all shipments are physically double checked by someone other than the person dispatching the shipment prior to courier collection.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring the necessary certificates are applied for accurately and in a timely manner
- To report regularly to the Logistics Manager and ensure she is kept fully informed of all tasks at hand. Discuss the projects you are researching to ensure all is correct and take instruction and guidance.
- To research and discuss with the Logistic Manager, correct shipping processes and legal requirements in particular when going into new markets and when planning for events to ensure shipping runs smoothly.
- To ensure all import/export paperwork is correctly executed and fully logged and filed complete for archive record.
- To accurately process import clearance instruction and records are correctly handled
- To setup and maintain account customer shipping profiles to ensure that all shipping, tagging, payment of freight.
- Import and export spreadsheets
- Filing of Clearance Instructions in writing as they are issued.
- Work with third party Logistics carriers to drive on time delivery performance improvements
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Customs requirements and procedures and lead activities to update working procedures in line with changes
- Carry out ad-hoc export duties
- Apply for relevant certification to meet document pack requirements
- HND/Degree essential from a relevant discipline
- 3yrs+ prior logistics/shipping experience
- Recognised logistics qualification is desirable not essential
- Previous export administration experience of working with freight forwarding companies
- Good attention to detail, must be able to work accurately in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines and working under pressure
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good communication skills, comfortable communicating at all levels within the business
- Excellent IT skills, specifically Word & Excel ideally in a logistics/supply chain environment
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Flexible and adaptable approach
Job Title: Assistant Logistics Manager
- To assist in ensuring the smooth running and operations of the Logistics Dept. and Mail Room
- To monitor that export control guidelines and licence requirements are being met;
- To liaise externally with freight forwarders, couriers and authorities as required;
- To liaise internally with Finance and Corporate Governance.
- Manage the daily activities of all Freight Forwarding companies
- Manage the daily activities in association with the online shipping system
- Assist the Sales & Marketing department by managing the shipping activities to/from each event globally
- Oversee the daily activities of the Logistics Administrator & offer guidance as & when necessary.
- To ensure that all shipping documentation is correctly completed
- Assist the Logistics Manager in benchmarking freight rates and service levels to ensure that they are receiving the best service for shipments
- Ensure the appropriate declarations are made each month
- Ensure that all export control procedures and licence requirements are met by all staff involved in moving goods around the world
- Logistics qualification or any other relevant qualification from a related field.
- An understanding of Export control license applications and dealing with the appropriate regulatory depts
- Awareness of Customs Process codes (CPC's)
- In-house corporate Logistics experience
- Experience of imports, exports, door-to-door shipments, international shipping terms, dealing with overseas freight forwarders an advantage.
- An awareness /understanding of Nigerian export compliance procedures
- Have a good understanding of Duty & VAT implications globally in order to make decisions on how goods should be delivered in the most tax efficient way
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications via mail to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 31st August, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.