6 Aug 2016
ICLA Coordinator Job at The Norwegian Refugee Council
displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
In the coming year, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors. In addition, NRC will start the Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) programme; this is a protection programme that aims to assist people affected by displacement resolve housing, land and property disputes as well as assisting clients with civil documentation (identify documents, birth certificates etc.) problems.
NRC is therefore seeking for the position below:
Job Title: ICLA Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri Borno State
Commencement: As soon as possible
Contract period: 5 Months (with possibility of extension)
Reports to the ICLA Programme Development Manager based in Maiduguri:
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines and procedure
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Coordinate implementation of ICLA program activities
- Provide strategic and operational advice and guidance contributing to programme implementation, development, adjustment or review
- Contribute to the development of an effective assessment, monitoring and evaluation system and document findings and recommendations
- Support development and strengthening of synergies between all NRC programs
- Document obstacles to secure land tenure and identity documentation for IDPs to inform advocacy initiatives
- As delegated by the line manager, liaise and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums and working groups.
- Document case studies and best practice for facilitating secure land tenure and identity documents for IDPs
- Identify and communicate programmatic areas for advocacy initiatives
- Support the preparation of funding proposals
- Coordinate Preparation of donor reports. GORs and monthly reports on activities and progress
- Provide HLP and Identity and Civil documentation technical input to coordination mechanisms (e.g. cluster coordination) and working groups
- Contribute to organisational learning through the provision specific technical analysis, lessons learned and reports
- Coordinate and Supervise the ICLA project team and program activities
- Supervise the ICLA Project Officers and support recruitment of ICLA project staff
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Expand and maintain NRC’s network of relevant stakeholders in all operational areas
- In consultation and coordination with the Program Development Manager, represent NRC in protection and coordination forums
- Coordinate establishment of client(beneficiary) outreach, screening and identification procedures
- Support in the establishment and use of case documentation management systems
- Carry out any other duties as delegated by the Program Development Manager
- Bachelor’s degree level education, preferably in Law
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within field of expertise
- Excellent command in Microsoft Applications
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in working independently in a results-oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment
- Experience in managing staff
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Empowering and building trust
- Proven skills in report writing
- Political and cultural awareness
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Panning and delivering results
- According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their Application letter, copy of a valid means of national identification (Passport, Driver’s license, National Identity card or voter’s card) and updated CV to the following e-mail address: email@example.com The title of the position ( ICLA Coordinator - Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!!
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.