The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian
organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer
and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers
assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal
assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
NRC is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICLA Project Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: The ICLA Programme Development Manager based in Maiduguri.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC projects according to plan of action
- Ensure that project targets beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Implement the legal assistance programs including HLP , CDR and
identity documentation activities innovatively to adapt to location and
context, in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements and
optimise opportunities for synergies
- Contribute to the Development and planning procedures and tools
for implementation of ICLA projects in line with proposals, strategies
and donor requirements
- Document project achievements and deliverables
- Monitor technical quality of ICLA projects and maintain transparency of implementation progress
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Actively facilitate and maintain Liaison and collaboration with
relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent
NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities to ensure accountability.
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required
- Perform any other duties as requested by the ICLA Program Development Manager
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from practice as a lawyer.
Experience from working in the field of humanitarian assistance is an
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken English required.
- Fluency in one or more of the national/regional languages (Hausa and Kanuri preferred)
- Must be willing to work as a team member, take direction, and share technical skills with colleagues and counterparts
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required,
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have a good knowledge of the laws and policies governing HLP issues and Identity documentation
- Must possess a Bachelor of Law Degree and must have been called
to the Nigerian Bar ( be able to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria) and be
conversant with international humanitarian and Human Rights law
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Panning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to
adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values:
Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract period: 5 Months (with possibility of extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application letter and updated CV’s to: email@example.com
The title of the position you apply for (ICLA Project Officer –
Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please
notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!!
- Any application after the closing will not be considered
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
Application Deadline 7th August, 2016.