30 Aug 2016
Insurance Broking Company Vacancy for a Graduate Underwriter
Job Title: Underwriter
- The Underwriter is primarily responsible for managing routine day to day business of the department.
- Class of business to be handled; Property, Casualty, Liability, Engineering, Oil and Gas
- Provide underwriting support to sales team as required.
- As and when required, correspond directly with the client.
- Assess and understand the information gathered from the sales team /client in order to assess the risk to be insured.
- Prepare insurance broker’s slips and forward the same to various reinsurers to obtain terms.
- Evaluate and review the terms obtained from the reinsurers in order to ensure that it is as per our requirements.
- Prepare the quotations for submission to the clients.
- On receipt of firm order from the client, liaise with the insurer for placement & confirmation of cover.
- To ensure that policy/endorsements issued is as per the terms quoted to the client.
- Knowledgeable on claim handling
- To manage renewal of policies, sending advance renewal notice to clients, timely and correct issuance of renewed policies.
- To ensure that all management reports are prepared correctly and submitted timely.
- To ensure that all processes and procedures of the department are being followed properly.
- Bachelor’s degree [qualification in insurance is a plus]
- 3-5 years’ experience in insurance
- Possessing good team spirit, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask
- Good in drafting presentations/reports
- Willing to learn and improve
- Ability to prioritize work on the basis of importance
- Ability to take independent decisions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.