The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading
crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and
supporting recovery and reconstruction for people affected by war and
natural disasters. Active in public health, education, livelihoods,
youth development, and protection and promotion of
rights, IRC assists people from harm to home. IRC entered Nigeria in
October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer, Food Security and Livelihood
The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectorial
interventions in the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental
Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment;
Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. Most of these programs
are driven in partnership with strategic local NGOs.
Scope of Work
- Food Security and Livelihood Senior Program Officer will be
responsible to organize, supervise the technical implementation of and
Electronic Cash Transfer project funded by USAID/FFP.
- He/she will be responsible to ensure timely implementation and
monitoring of project activities according to the proposal design and
- He/she will oversee the management of project staff and will be supervised by Programme Manager.
Planning and implementation:
- Develop work plan for overall project in line with project proposal, log frame and budget.
- In coordination with sectors within the IRC and other
humanitarian cash transfer actors, develop beneficiary selection
criteria based on the assessments.
- Closely oversee the beneficiary selection process and ensure transparent selection.
- Ensure distribution plans are developed timely and carried out distributions according to the plan.
- Ensure transparent and timely e-cash distribution process.
- Organize regular progress monitoring visits and provide management expertise to overcome challenges.
- Organize and facilitate donor visits, IRC senior management team
visits and any other delegation visits, as per the guidance from
- Contribute to the design of project visibilities and ensure
accurate application of it in compliance with donor and IRC contract.
- Participate/contribute to design and implementation of sector specific and/or multi-sector assessments
- Coordinate with local authorities at community and LGA level to
inform program activities in order to implement community participatory
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor progress and quality of
activities and provide timely feedback and necessary support to IRC
staff and community volunteers.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant Certificate in project management with 2 years of
experience at Manager level including minimum 1 year in a humanitarian
- Local language skills – mandatory.
- proficiency of writing and verbal – English (Local Language Hauwa/Kanuri is desirable)
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with colleagues and partners
- Most importantly, commitment to IRC values and principles
- Accuracy and keen attention to details, in order to produce high quality documents and maintain good record
- Degree in Social Work/ Sociology/ Community Development with 3 years of project management experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience of organizing NFI or voucher distributions.
- Coordination experience with different partners and stakeholders.
- Experience in staff supervision and capacity building.
- Experience working with IDPs is a clear advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply