30 Aug 2016
Irrigation Specialist Job at Universal Careers
Job Title: Irrigation Specialist
Perform Drip and Centre Pivot irrigation system installation, maintenance and repair works for varying categories of public and private sector clients, including but not limited to, designing new and redesigning existing irrigation systems; conduct studies to determine deficiencies or ineffective water flow/distribution; analyze water loss and layout of irrigation systems; participate in determining strategies for new and existing irrigation systems.
- § Lead a team of technicians and other workers for a given irrigation system project
- § Be in-charge of and advise on needed tools and materials for projects, including its inventory
- § Responsible for setting parameters on the use of materials and services within the approved financial budgets of the irrigation projects
- § Collate relevant information needed in initiating an irrigation project; This information may include a site’s historical data pertaining to an irrigation system’s condition or its spare parts condition.
- § Counsel clients in terms of water usage that may increase a company’s productivity and decrease their cost
- § Be in charge of evaluation and planning of a competent irrigation system for a particular site or company.
- § Monitor the system of irrigation system in terms of its usability and its maintenance programs.
- § Be in charge of directing needed workers in irrigation system projects
- § Possession of certifications in terms of irrigation management systems and efficiency in customer service orientation
- § Candidate to be endowed with mathematical abilities in terms of costing and problem solving
- § Enjoy outdoor work
- § Must be Physically fit
- § Enjoy manual activities
- § Able to work as part of a small team
- A minimum of 5-7 years hands-on experience in the design, installation, maintenance and repair of Drip and Centre Pivot irrigation systems is a must for this role.
- Where applicable, evidence of past jobs completed may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural/Water Resources Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university.
- A Masters degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.