Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF) is a non-governmental organization founded in 2003 and became operational in the same year. JDF’s uniqueness lies in her interventions including advocacy and services to single women and their children, orphans and vulnerable children with special
considerations for those orphaned by HIV.
Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF) is located in Makurdi, Benue State. JDF is about to start the implementation of an integrated community case management of malaria, pneumonia and diarrhoea (ICCM) in partnership with Christian Aid and funding from DFID/UKAid subject to signing of contract agreement. In view of this, the organization is requesting applications from only qualified candidates for the following job positions.
Job Title: Project /Logistics Officer
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring effective project implementation and management of ICCM commodities at community and LGA levels.
- The post will manage collaborations with focal persons in the LGA (CORPs, LLHFWs etc) and State CMS. S/he will provide technical support on effective management of commodities including tracking of commodities, compliance with storage and distribution, utilization and reporting of logistics data.
- H/She will work with Christian Aid’s State Programme Coordinator to ensure timely distribution of commodities to health facilities.
Job Title: LGA Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- The role will support the M&E officer in promoting effective and efficient monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, centred on impact and outcomes; create conditions so that learning feeds into programme decision-making in each LGA.
- Strengthen the capacity of community based volunteers (CORPs and others).
- The role is responsible for ensuring that monitoring and evaluation systems to allow for effective, accurate reporting for decision making and project implementation in his/her assigned LGA.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management Officer
- The role will be responsible to develop, promote effective and efficient monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, centred on impact and outcomes; create conditions so that learning is fed into programme decision-making across the 2 LGAs. Use participatory approaches to monitoring and evaluation for effective project implementation and results.
- Encourage active knowledge management and organizational learning needs using Monitoring and Evaluation findings.
Job Title: Project Manager
role is responsible for delivery of the ICCM project; planning for
activities, finalization of programme reports and ensuring ICCM
activities are implemented in accordance with agreed standards and
- S/he will work in close collaboration and coordination
with the State Ministry of Health and Christian Aid State Programme
Job Title: Finance Officer
role is responsible for financial record keeping and general banking of
project funds in JDF office. Monthly accounts and returns are produced
in a timely manner; reports are extracted from the financial and
administration systems to review the status of the budget and the
adherence to financial policies
Job Title: Driver
role is responsible for ensuring staff, visitors and goods are taken to
their required destination safely.
- The post holder will maintain all
vehicles, including safety equipment, ensure regular maintenance of the
project vehicle and where required, ensure any complex vehicle repairs
are carried out by the appropriate service provider.
Application Deadline: Friday 2nd September, 2016