Effect is an organisation working to break the cycle of
inter-generational poverty. We do this by investing in programmes for
girls, connecting girls to each other to amplify their voices, and
brokering access to the critical assets girls need.
We drive behaviour
change by harnessing media in innovative ways and building social
networks to shift girls perceptions of themselves and how others value
When a girl is better educated, has access to sexual and reproductive
healthcare information and services, has access and control of economic
assets, is safe from violence and exploitation, and has the
capabilities and confidence to make positive choices, she can break the
cycle of poverty.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Operations Coordinator
Vacancy Type: Full Time
- The Senior Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Girl Hub Nigeria (GHN) Office.
Procurement and Logistics:
- Lead on the procurement of goods and services for GHN in accordance with procurement policy and best practice value for money.
- Be responsible for proactively managing the transport needs of
all staff in accordance with GHN policy. This is both in terms of
vehicles (hired cars) and air travel.
- Provide logistical support to overseas visitors including help
with visas, transport and accommodation bookings and travel advice.
- Oversee and manage logistical support for GHN events and workshops with support of Programme and Administrative Assistants.
- Ensure all, particularly high value tenders, go through the
appropriate process with adequate timing for a competitive process. This
includes obtaining competitive quotations, completing bid analysis for
supplier selection, completing business cases as well as establishing
relationships with suppliers, and ensuring that all the necessary
paperwork is completed adequately, accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure Consultant TORs are adequate and that feedback forms are
completed on the conclusion of their work before final payment is made.
- Contract Management on Salesforce in line with GH contract management guidelines.
- Maintain the records of all procurement processes for audit
trail purposes and be able to provide an update of all outstanding
procurement at any one time for commitment & budget management
- Update the Telephone Tree and Emergency Numbers as and when
required based on new staff / visitors to the office distributing to the
- Establish strong networks with DFID Risk Management Office and Spearfish Security Company.
- Coordinate with the GHN Team and complete the Quarterly Risk
Register and Incident Reporting liaising with Senior Ops Manager in
- Provide any back stopping support for implementing security and risk mitigation procedures in addition to duty of care.
- Co-ordinate any visits to the focal states. Advance planning with Spearfish. Ensure all plans in place before travel.
- Undertake monthly tests of the Satellite phone.
- Arrange risk assessments of Marker Hotels/Accommodation for visitors; ensure they meet basic security requirements.
- Provide security briefing for visitors on arrival to Nigeria.
- Ensuring staff comply with Girl Hub’s Safeguarding policy.
- Plan risk assessments for new venues and expat staff residences with Spearfish as required.
HR Administration & Office Management:
- Ensure the staff absence trackers are maintained and updated on a regular basis.
- Ensure staff medical scheme details is updated as required and renewed on a timely basis.
- Ensure all personnel files are maintained confidentially with appropriate records filed in line with the checklist.
- Oversee and manage GHN IT infrastructure, including management
of any Service Level Agreements (SLA), and ensure best practice by all
staff on data protection and IT security.
- Maintain the new IT Problem Log ensuring problems are addressed
effectively, monitoring repeats and identifying on-going problem areas
- Upkeep and management of the video conference system.
- Oversee car hire service and driver. Renewing contract when required.
- Ensure the visitors and staff movement tracker is updated as and when staff travel
- Facilitate the process of recruitment for in country positions,
partnering with external suppliers and GH London team members where
- Facilitate the onboarding and off boarding of staff and ensure
detailed induction plans are prepared for all new team members, liaising
with the wider team where relevant.
- Ensure office supplies are procured and managed effectively.
- Ensure office equipment is fully functional. Photocopiers,
scanners; flip chart stands and be proactive and efficient in resolving
any problems that come to light.
Asset & Inventory Management:
- Manage and maintain the asset / inventory register ensuring all
new assets are recorded in the register, provided with an asset code
and are physically labeled.
- Report any lost / stolen assets and process claims under GHN
Insurance within 2 weeks of notification from staff/relevant party and
mitigate loss to GHN.
- Review and ensure adequate asset, risk and cash insurance is in place for GHN.
- Use the required formats for documenting the issue of assets to
staff and for tracking the temporary movement of all assets in and out
of the office.
- Safeguard all of Girl Hub’s physical assets ensuring high value
items are secured daily and physical verification spot checks are
carried out monthly with full asset verification quarterly. Ensure
assets are functional and if not take appropriate action to repair the
item or record same on the damaged asset format.
- Manage the Operations Budget with effective forecasting and expenditure
- Adhere to Girl Hub Global and Local policies and procedures.
- Work with the programme leads on contracts and procurement.
Negotiating with consultants/service providers to ensure good value for
- Participate in all strategic planning, quarterly planning,
budget reforecasting, training, team building and related activities of
the Girl Hub Nigeria team and contribute to the overall development of
- Payment request within 2 days of receipt.
- Work with the Girl Experts as girl Safe guarding officer to ensure 100% compliance of the girl Safe Guarding policy.
- Ensure proper electronic (Dropbox) and paper filing and archiving.
- Other duties as agreed with the Line Manager
- Line Management responsibilities for the Operations Assistant and Administrative Assistant.
Key Skills and Experience
- Degree level education in Administration, Management or other related fields.
- Experience with all aspects of office management and
administration including procurement, administrative support, Finance,
event/workshop management and IT.
- Good level of spoken and written English. Good communication skills.
- Good planning and time management skills
- Excellent team player
- Commitment to and understanding of Girl Hub’s aims, values and principles.
- Computer literate (i.e. WORD, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer).
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including priority
management and ability to meet deadlines. Self-motivated with excellent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working for an international NGO or other organisations with a global remit.
- Ability to multitask and work with limited supervision
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th August, 2016.