Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and
fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product
and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that
delight consumers the world over.
Givaudan is looking to for a Food Technologist or Flavor
Scientist for Savoury and Beverages Applications in Nigeria – Lagos.
Job Title: Food Technologist, Savoury and Beverages
primary focus of this position is to execute daily brief-related tasks
and apply knowledge during the flavour selection, evaluation and
application development. Serve as technical expert and advisor to
marketing, sales, flavour creation, and customers for specific savoury
applications. Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect
opportuity if, like us you always aim to exceed customer needs, deliver
value and are skilled at fostering strong relationships. In this
exciting role you will:
- Providing technical support to customers (directly) or
through project briefs, including the recommendation of flavours and
technical information on application issues.
- Prepare, organize, and/or execute state-of-the-art flavoured food products for customer presentations
- Recommend optimal flavours for customer projects
according to all relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation,
technical suitability, costs, etc) and maintain the flavour collections
- Develop new application recipes as well as new concepts
for customers, based on new developments in the market, trends, new raw
- Take responsibility for technical customer communication to achieve a positive outcome of projects.
- Leverage on new technologies for submissions to customers and also identify new opportunities.
- Provide support and exchange information on flavour performance, food recipes with other Givaudan sites
- Maintain the product portfolio and support the local librarian sensory evaluations
- Work strictly according to the company requirements for optimal safety, hygiene and protection of the environment
- Act as independent project leader for all allocated projects
- Report results in concise way in support of WinRate and sales.
- Arrange and conduct tasting sessions, process and interpret the results to customers and internally
- Able to travel in the Sub-Saharan African region..
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own
world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a
creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and work in a team
as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- Diploma/Degree in food science / technology
- 3 – 5 years Senior Product Development Experience in the Savoury segment
- Practical experience in food product development, manufacturing and flavour applications
- Ability to balance both analytical and intuitive thinking
- Ability to work in complex matrix organisation
- Hands-on work style with a Winning personality
- Ability to gather the know-how from other units
- Passion for food technology, culinary trends and innovation
- Well-developed olfactory and sensory skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Computer Skill MS Office based programs with emphasis on Excel, Power Point and Word
- Team-focused work style, whilst being able to work independently
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply