25 Aug 2016
Job for a School Principal in a British International School in Abuja
Job Title: School Principal
- Formulating overall aims and objectives for the school and policies for their implementation.
- Meeting with other educational professionals, and representing the school at conferences and other events outside the school in local community and nationwide.
- Motivating, training and disciplining staff
- Ensuring the motivation of the pupils
- Ensuring an infrastructure is in place in which all members of staff and pupils feel they can register their opinion on serious matters and have a route via which they can communicate problems to senior members of staff.
- To observe, supervise and help evaluate the faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum; to supervise the teaching process, and to review and evaluate the academic programs
- To make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding hiring and retention, and the assignment of faculty
- High expectations for pastoral care as well as extracurricular development
- To provide necessary vision and personal drive to develop the school, to implement new initiatives and to improve educational standards
- Managing facilities (e.g., classrooms) effectively to meet the needs of the curriculum and health and safety requirements.
- To act as the academic leader of the School, responsible for its day-to-day operation: scheduling of students, overseeing of the academic advising and counselling programs; monitoring student academic progress; address student academic emergencies; coordinating the efforts of department heads and the academic affairs committee, etc
- To oversee the coordination of the co-curricular and extra-curricular activity programs of the school; to assist in the planning and the presentation of school assemblies and programs; to assist in maintaining a comprehensive calendar of school events; to keep the entire school community informed of various school programs and activities.
- Master's degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Certification in Educational Leadership, or Administration and Supervision.
- Minimum of five (8) years classroom teaching experience and three (5) years administrative experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Reports and presentation articulation
- Guidance and Counselling
- Good command of oral English language skills and writing ability
- Leadership skills
- Skill to work with people in an effective manner.
- Knowledge of scheduling and supervision.
- Good Analytical and presentation skills
- To teach Phonics and Elocution for Year one to Year six (United Kingdom English) .
- Presenting high quality, systematic, synthetic phonic work as the prime approach to decoding print, i.e. A Phonics first and fast approach.
- Enable children to learn phonic knowledge and skills using a systematic, synthetic programme (use of Language laboratory) by the age of 5 with an expectation that they will be fluent readers having secured word recognition skills by year one.
- Ensure that children apply phonic knowledge as their first approach to reading and spelling. Children are taught high frequency words that do not confirm to Grapheme/phoneme corresponding rules. Children learns irregular words.
- Has the ability to plan progression of phonics teaching to from year one to Year six and know how to conduct examination, utilize elocution based software programme.
- Personal Trait: Passion in teaching phonics and elocution so that pupils speak correctly and confidently while reading, delivering speeches and contesting in debate competitions.
- Educational Qualification: A teaching certificate in phonics from a reputed institute. Minimum experience: 5 years, skill in using Language Laboratory.
- Take daily sessions on phonics progressing from simple to more complex phonic knowledge and skills and covering the major Grapheme/phoneme correspondences.
- Assess children’s progress in Phonics and Elocution.
- Uses multi-sensory approach so that the children learn variously from simultaneous visual, auditory and kinaesthetic activities which are designed to secure essential phonic knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrate that phonemes should be blended and words can be segmented into their constituent phenomes for spelling and reverse blending of phonemes to read words.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.