A leading British International School located in Abuja, is currently
seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant
Job Title: School Principal
- Formulating overall aims and objectives for the school and policies for their implementation.
- Meeting with other educational professionals, and representing
the school at conferences and other events outside the school in local
community and nationwide.
- Motivating, training and disciplining staff
- Ensuring the motivation of the pupils
- Ensuring an infrastructure is in place in which all members of
staff and pupils feel they can register their opinion on serious matters
and have a route via which they can communicate problems to senior
members of staff.
- To observe, supervise and help evaluate the faculty in the
development and implementation of curriculum; to supervise the teaching
process, and to review and evaluate the academic programs
- To make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding hiring and retention, and the assignment of faculty
- High expectations for pastoral care as well as extracurricular development
- To provide necessary vision and personal drive to develop the
school, to implement new initiatives and to improve educational
- Managing facilities (e.g., classrooms) effectively to meet the needs of the curriculum and health and safety requirements.
- To act as the academic leader of the School, responsible for its
day-to-day operation: scheduling of students, overseeing of the
academic advising and counselling programs; monitoring student academic
progress; address student academic emergencies; coordinating the efforts
of department heads and the academic affairs committee, etc
- To oversee the coordination of the co-curricular and
extra-curricular activity programs of the school; to assist in the
planning and the presentation of school assemblies and programs; to
assist in maintaining a comprehensive calendar of school events; to keep
the entire school community informed of various school programs and
Requirements Qualifications Required
- Master’s degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Certification in Educational Leadership, or Administration and Supervision.
- Minimum of five (8) years classroom teaching experience and three (5) years administrative experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Reports and presentation articulation
- Guidance and Counselling
- Good command of oral English language skills and writing ability
- Leadership skills
- Skill to work with people in an effective manner.
- Knowledge of scheduling and supervision.
- Good Analytical and presentation skills
Elocution and Phonics Teacher:
- To teach Phonics and Elocution for Year one to Year six (United Kingdom English) .
Following attributes are essential:
- Presenting high quality, systematic, synthetic phonic work as
the prime approach to decoding print, i.e. A Phonics first and fast
- Enable children to learn phonic knowledge and skills using a
systematic, synthetic programme (use of Language laboratory) by the age
of 5 with an expectation that they will be fluent readers having secured
word recognition skills by year one.
- Ensure that children apply phonic knowledge as their first
approach to reading and spelling. Children are taught high frequency
words that do not confirm to Grapheme/phoneme corresponding rules.
Children learns irregular words.
- Has the ability to plan progression of phonics teaching to from
year one to Year six and know how to conduct examination, utilize
elocution based software programme.
- Personal Trait: Passion in teaching phonics and elocution so
that pupils speak correctly and confidently while reading, delivering
speeches and contesting in debate competitions.
- Educational Qualification: A teaching certificate in phonics
from a reputed institute. Minimum experience: 5 years, skill in using
- Take daily sessions on phonics progressing from simple to more
complex phonic knowledge and skills and covering the major
- Assess children’s progress in Phonics and Elocution.
- Uses multi-sensory approach so that the children learn variously
from simultaneous visual, auditory and kinaesthetic activities which
are designed to secure essential phonic knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrate that phonemes should be blended and words can be
segmented into their constituent phenomes for spelling and reverse
blending of phonemes to read words.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply