Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to
passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company
is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer,
chemical and biological science to help address many of the world’s most
problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy
generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity.
Dow’s integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty
chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses
delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to
customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such
as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2015,
Dow had annual sales of nearly $49 billion and employed approximately
49,500 people worldwide. The Company’s more than 6,000 product families
are manufactured at 179 sites in 35 countries across the globe.
References to “Dow” or the “Company” mean The Dow Chemical Company and
its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted.
Dow is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Junior Account Manager
Ref No: CDP-1605468
- The Dow Chemical Company is offering great business career opportunities in a global and international environment.
- We are looking an ambitious junior candidates who is interested
in joining us as Junior Account Manager via Commercial Development
Program (m/f) to be based in Nigeria.
- The Commercial Development Program (CDP) is a 9 months induction
program that aims preparation of the young professional to the role of
Account Manager who will be key to Dow’s sustained commercial success in
the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region.
- This competitive training program includes practicing and
testing your listening, communication, presentation, persuasion, and
selling skills to be a successful solution provider for Dow’s customers.
- During the program candidates are partnered with a Dow global
business segment on a sales/marketing project to learn and apply these
skills in the world of B2B Chemical Sales.
- Additional opportunities include networking with Dow leadership,
and shadowing experienced Dow sellers for early career mentoring.
- Upon graduating this leading edge program, you will be become an
Account Manager in a Dow business that fits your skill set, knowledge
- You can enjoy a long, prosperous career at Dow as an Account Manager, with flexible schedule and a large network of resources.
- You will be one of the most valuable assets to Dow as you are the customer spokesperson for a Dow business segment.
- After several years, if you want to try a different role,
Account Management will open up many doors to move into other areas in
Dow such as Asset Management, Market Analysis, Purchasing, Supply chain,
Business Management or Operations.
- The program sets an environment to grow personally and gain real
hands-on experience working in one of the leading companies of the
chemical industry. You are a young professional, aspiring to start a
sales career… this is where it all begins!
During the program, participants will be offered to:
- Attend workshops, seminars and classroom trainings in Europe and Middle East and Africa.
- Develop Sales Account Management skills to become Solutions Consultants in the industries we participate
- Expose him/her self to Senior Commercial leadership to understand better the company expectations and vision
- Gain technical knowledge of markets and applications
- Network with experienced Dow colleagues to build mentoring relationships
- Handle Sales and Marketing related projects related to the future job
- Explore business growth opportunities for Dow businesses with potential exposure to current and potential customers and markets
- After successful completion of CD Program, you will become a
Sales Account Manager working in a business and sales environment, while
interfacing with customers at all organization levels and with various
functions ranging from purchasing, to research and development as well
Key Duties of the Sales Account Manager Include
- Assessing market potential and threats, future trends and competitive activities
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities
- Managing the implementation of our sales and marketing strategies
- Managing a portfolio of projects and customers that will guaranty a continuous and profitable growth
- Supporting communication programs
- This program is led by a Commercial Development Program Leader
for Europe Middle East and Africa and offers a unique combination of
skill development and corporate orientation to enable effective
transition and on boarding into Sales Account Manager role to maximize
future career development at Dow.
- Bsc in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Master in Science and/or MBA required
- Commercial experience from 0 to 3 years
- Leadership skills are strongly valued
- Strong Business acumen and professional level of computer literacy is a requirement
- Perfect fluency in English is a must, additional language skills would be a strong asset
- Candidates should be willing to travel and be flexible to work extended hours from time to time
- Adaptable to local/international business needs
- A pro-active attitude, self-motivation, excellent communication
and strong interpersonal skills such as open minded, inquisitive,
creative, flexible, strong adaptability, analytical persuasion skills as
well as customer focus are essential
- Candidates are expected to understand the principle of
marketing, skilled features-benefits-solutions selling, the business
indicators, external market factors, market demands, value chain, source
- A valid driver`s license is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply