18 Aug 2016
Junior Account Manager Job at Dow
problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity.
Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2015, Dow had annual sales of nearly $49 billion and employed approximately 49,500 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 product families are manufactured at 179 sites in 35 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted.
Dow is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Junior Account Manager
Ref No: CDP-1605468
- The Dow Chemical Company is offering great business career opportunities in a global and international environment.
- We are looking an ambitious junior candidates who is interested in joining us as Junior Account Manager via Commercial Development Program (m/f) to be based in Nigeria.
- The Commercial Development Program (CDP) is a 9 months induction program that aims preparation of the young professional to the role of Account Manager who will be key to Dow’s sustained commercial success in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region.
- This competitive training program includes practicing and testing your listening, communication, presentation, persuasion, and selling skills to be a successful solution provider for Dow’s customers.
- During the program candidates are partnered with a Dow global business segment on a sales/marketing project to learn and apply these skills in the world of B2B Chemical Sales.
- Additional opportunities include networking with Dow leadership, and shadowing experienced Dow sellers for early career mentoring.
- Upon graduating this leading edge program, you will be become an Account Manager in a Dow business that fits your skill set, knowledge and passion.
- You can enjoy a long, prosperous career at Dow as an Account Manager, with flexible schedule and a large network of resources.
- You will be one of the most valuable assets to Dow as you are the customer spokesperson for a Dow business segment.
- After several years, if you want to try a different role, Account Management will open up many doors to move into other areas in Dow such as Asset Management, Market Analysis, Purchasing, Supply chain, Business Management or Operations.
- The program sets an environment to grow personally and gain real hands-on experience working in one of the leading companies of the chemical industry. You are a young professional, aspiring to start a sales career… this is where it all begins!
- Attend workshops, seminars and classroom trainings in Europe and Middle East and Africa.
- Develop Sales Account Management skills to become Solutions Consultants in the industries we participate
- Expose him/her self to Senior Commercial leadership to understand better the company expectations and vision
- Gain technical knowledge of markets and applications
- Network with experienced Dow colleagues to build mentoring relationships
- Handle Sales and Marketing related projects related to the future job
- Explore business growth opportunities for Dow businesses with potential exposure to current and potential customers and markets
- After successful completion of CD Program, you will become a Sales Account Manager working in a business and sales environment, while interfacing with customers at all organization levels and with various functions ranging from purchasing, to research and development as well as manufacturing.
- Assessing market potential and threats, future trends and competitive activities
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities
- Managing the implementation of our sales and marketing strategies
- Managing a portfolio of projects and customers that will guaranty a continuous and profitable growth
- Supporting communication programs
- This program is led by a Commercial Development Program Leader for Europe Middle East and Africa and offers a unique combination of skill development and corporate orientation to enable effective transition and on boarding into Sales Account Manager role to maximize future career development at Dow.
- Bsc in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Master in Science and/or MBA required
- Commercial experience from 0 to 3 years
- Leadership skills are strongly valued
- Strong Business acumen and professional level of computer literacy is a requirement
- Perfect fluency in English is a must, additional language skills would be a strong asset
- Candidates should be willing to travel and be flexible to work extended hours from time to time
- Adaptable to local/international business needs
- A pro-active attitude, self-motivation, excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills such as open minded, inquisitive, creative, flexible, strong adaptability, analytical persuasion skills as well as customer focus are essential
- Candidates are expected to understand the principle of marketing, skilled features-benefits-solutions selling, the business indicators, external market factors, market demands, value chain, source of growth
- A valid driver`s license is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.