Dragnet Solutions Limited – Our client, Kerildbert Holdings Limited is a
leading 3rd Party Logistics Company in the provision of Shipments,
Clearing & Freight Forwarding, Customs Brokerage Removals and
Procurement Services to blue-chip firms in the country.
Kerildbert Holdings Limited is presently seeking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport and Haulage Assistant
- Previous experience and knowledge of the transport industry is
key and we will be looking at candidates with years of experience in the
- Assist the Haulage Supervisor in the allocation of job TDOs and waybills to competent transport service providers.
- Assisting Haulage Supervisor in conducting physical and
mechanical evaluation of trucks provided by transporters in order to
ensure they are safe for the transport of client’s goods and also meet
up with truck standard requirements of clients.
- Follow up goods in transit.
- Updating job files and Haulage register.
- Facilitate the payment of transporters.
- Assist in closing of invoiced jobs on the intranet.
- Assist Haulage Supervisor in processing and follow up of clients shipping and terminal refunds.
- Assist in searching and recruitment of competent and efficient
transporters to lift client’s consignment from port terminals to various
clients’ warehouses in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Assist in the management and update of transporters data base and GIT status.
- Assist Haulage Supervisor in educating transporters on client’s
warehouse safety policy on transport and other transport requirements.
- Ensure transporters comply with client’s warehouse safety policy all times while in the premises
- Coordination of truck drivers at warehouses before, during and
after consignment offloading to avoid disruption of operations and
traffic congestion at warehouses.
- Reporting areas of non-compliance of transporters to warehouse safety policy to haulage supervisor for necessary action.
- Collection of empty returned container cards and waybills from transporters.
- Must have knowledge of routes within ports and outside Nigeria.
- Must be able to handle drivers and 3rd Party Transporters
- Must be Organised and able to generate innovative ideas to support the business.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Willing to travel at any time.
- Must have information on sourcing transport companies
- Must be able to generate reports
- Good Negotiation and communication skills is required
- A graduate of a reputable university with a minimum of a Second
Class Lower Division in Logistics, Business Administration or any
- A Minimum of Two years’ experience in a similar role
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Applicant should not be more than 35 years of age
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply