19 Aug 2016
Latest Jobs in Abuja at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments
Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Sales & Marketing Executive
Ref No: BWHA /16/SME
Report To: Principal Sales & Marketing Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
- Developing and implementing creative marketing strategies that will make an impact, support the Hotel and drive sales
- Promote the corporate imagine of the Hotel
- To liaise and building relationships profitable business relationship. Externally, this could be with guest, corporate bodies, Government agencies and departments. Internally this could mean different related and supporting departments.
- To contribute to the strategic planning of an annual or long term marketing plan to drive forward agreed company objectives.
- To budget manage and indentify advertising opportunities
- To building and maintaining profitable clientele
- To write and distributing business proposals to potential clients
- To manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters and flyers. This can involve writing and proofreading copy, and liaising with designers and printers;
- To arrange for the effective distribution of marketing materials
- To maintain, build and update clientele databases
- To organize and attend events and exhibitions for the purpose of building potential clientele base
- Managing of events
- To carry out market research and customer surveys to assess demand, brand positioning and awareness
- To evaluate marketing campaigns
- To carry out sales and following up on guest feedback and experience
- To monitor competitor activity
- To support the marketing manager, and other colleagues
- Sales and marketing abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent bargaining and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of hospitality industry product and services
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- High levels of creativity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good levels of numeracy
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good personality and charming is important to represent on behalf of hotel management
- A clear understanding of the brand you are to work on
- Proven marketing, sales and promotions experience in hospitality industry will be an added advantage
- An understanding of online marketing
- A minimum of HND in Sales and Marketing or any relevant field
- At least four years working experience in similar position
Job Title: Operations Manager
Ref No: BWHA/6/16/OP
Report To: General Manager
- Directly responsible for two departments (Front Desk, F&B), including Guest and Associate satisfaction, financial performance, sales and revenue generation, Associate relations, and delivering a return on investment to ownership.
- Assists the General Manager in implementing hotel-wide strategies within areas of responsibility, ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Optimize and maximize Guest and Associate experiences.
- Responsible for the overall success of the hotel, using strong leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profits, and ensure quality. Directly responsible for at least two departments and at times may be responsible for the effective operation of the entire hotel in the absence of the General Manager.
- Effectively manage and motivate Associates to ensure achievement of overall financial results, Guest and Associate satisfaction.
- Champion of the hotel’s internal and external communications and record-keeping.
- Aggressively pursue revenue goals, effectively utilize yield management and revenue maximization tools, and prepare and manage the annual budget.
- Effectively manage and control all operational expenses including labor, overtime, supplies, etc., enforce Company procurement guidelines, and seek and implement cost saving strategies.
- Ensure the maximum value of the hotel asset including the physical structure as well as all contents therein, through appropriate care and maintenance.
- Use good judgment to make appropriate decisions which may impact the long-term value of the asset. Ensure all licenses are up to date and the property is in compliance with all applicable codes and ordinances.
- Guest Service: Ensure that the hotel meets or exceeds Bolton White’s Image and Brand Standards for Guest Satisfaction.
- Training: Analyze service and quality issues, identify training needs, ensure implementation of training programs to optimize results, and adhere to the Company’s training guidelines and policies.
- Ensure good standing in the community by developing and maintaining relationships with the Chamber of Commerce, the Convention and Visitors Bureau, other hotels, local schools, local government, and other community and civic organizations.
- Lead the hotel team to contribute to the local community in a charitable way by participating in service opportunities in the area surrounding the hotel.
- Leading: Motivate, coach, and train team members, set goals and hold team members accountable, and provide appropriate feedback, rewards, and recognition.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration, nurture a positive, professional work environment, and adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional image and support the Company in actions and words at all times.
- Maintain a hotel atmosphere consistent with the Company’s standards for professionalism and total quality Guest service.
- Maintain open channels of communication with General Manager, fellow co-workers, Associates, and Guests.
- Address Guests’ complaints in a manner which results in superior Guest service.
- In the absence of the General Manager, handle emergencies at the hotel, following procedures for notifying the proper Company management and civil authorities when necessary.
- Actively enforce all safety policies to protect Associates, Guests, and Company Assets.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to Guests at all times.
- Motivate and encourage staff to effectively solve problems which need attention.
- Assist and train Associates to understand Guests’ ever changing needs and how to exceed them.
- Proactively deal with Associate concerns.
- Provide a safe working environment, in compliance with OSHA/SMDS standards.
- Ensure a viable key control program is in place.
- Comply with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Lead by example, demonstrating self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- In the absence of the General Manager, assume complete responsibility for the effective operation of all hotel areas, and the achievement of hotel goals.
- Ensure that staff reports to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent Associates. Coordinate breaks for Associates.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Ensure effective procedures are in place within department areas for which responsibility is assigned (may include Front Office, Food & Beverage, Engineering, and/or Housekeeping).
- At least a Degree in Hospitality related course or equivalent, related experience
- At least 8 years working experience in similar role and excellent working knowledge of hospitality industry
- A Master degree I a related field will be an added advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Well-groomed and professional in appearance
- Willing to work on weekends and holidays if required
- Effective communication skills
- Good listener
- Open with praise, discreet with criticism
- Rational, prudent and practical
Job Title: Night Auditor
Ref No: BWHA/08/16/NA
Department: Front Office
Report to: Front Office Manager
- To approve invoices, write the day’s statistical and accounting report for the management team and prepare the documents required by the morning team
- To take responsibility for the hotel after the daytime management team has left
- To manage the till and bill payments as well as closing the day’s Front Office transactions
- To ensure the safety of guests: he or she takes all urgent decisions (walks, fire procedures, etc.)
- To ensure that guests receive high quality service
- Night working
- Understanding how to manage priorities
- Use of the Windows environment
- Sales ability
- Adaptability: coping with the diversity of customers and their needs
- Self-sufficiency: usually working alone
- Self-control: handling complaints
- Good relationship skills
- At last three years working experience or similar position
- Experienced in a customer contact job is required
- A minimum of HND educational qualification in Accounting or relevant course
- Working knowledge of Hotelman or Opera hotel software shall be an added advantage
- Fluency in a second language is an advantage
Job Title: Night Manager
Department: Front Office
Report To: General Manager
- To be totally guest focused by consistently delivering excellent guest service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
- To ensure at all times a high standard of cleanliness, maintenance and safety. To encourage a friendly and professional atmosphere and ensure that all members are properly guided and supervised at all times.
- To promote the Company Mission Statement through continual demonstration of the Personality.
- To ensure opening procedures are carried out with specific emphasis on checking cleanliness, maintenance and safety of all equipment.
- To ensure closing procedures are carried out with specific emphasis on checking all security and cleanliness aspects.
- To be fully aware of Reception and Gymnasium, Pool, Sauna, Steam, Solarium, safe operating procedures and ensure that these are adhered to at all times.
- To be involved in running courses and taking training to meet the demands of Leisure Club users.
- To instruct classes as and when required.
- To oversee the control of the daily takings throughout the day. This to include finishing each day by recording all monies taken on Daily Sheet.
- To ensure that any problems, breakdowns etc. are reported to the F&B Manager and promptly rectified in order that our level of guest care remains high.
- To ensure that all takings are deposited with the Hotel Reception, and signed for.
- To be responsible for the supervision and safety of guests and members of the Leisure Club in accordance with Club/Company procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
- To understand and operate the Leisure Club Reception computer, ensuring usage by both members and guests is properly controlled and efficiently recorded.
- To understand and operate Daily Booking Sheets. To administer all revenue generated within the Leisure Club.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness of the Leisure Club at all times in accordance with Leisure Club/Company procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
- To operate all bookings for Solarium/Fitness Testing/Lessons/Classes/Aqua Classes/Aerobics etc. and to ensure that the Reception Desk is run efficiently and that all persons entering the Leisure Club are correctly registered, e.g. as members, guests or non-members.
- To make regular checks on the stock of towels, tissues, soap, toilet paper etc. and to ensure adequate stock is available at all times. To always ensure that there are adequate supplies of general cleaning materials, paper towels, toilet rolls, cleaning fluid for sunbed and tokens for business requirements.
- To be responsible for the smooth operation of the Leisure Club whilst on duty, carrying out regular tests on the swimming pool and Jacuzzi and to take immediate action should the results of these tests pose any danger to users. To check all areas of the Club on an ongoing basis throughout the day.
- To ensure that the Leisure Club is opened and closed at the published times and is run in accordance with prescribed Company standards when on duty.
- To be aware of, and strictly observe safe and hygienic working practices in order to satisfy Health and Safety at Work and other legislation.
- To be able to sell memberships to potential members, using the established sales procedure.
- To be constantly aware of opportunities to promote the Leisure Club through all sales outlets and also in the local community.
- To conform at all times to Company image and standards by wearing the uniform provided.
- To assist in all social activities and promotions and to ensure that they are well organized and efficiently carried out.
- To be aware of the importance of the gymnasium area as a focal point for communication and relating with members, ensuring that they are enjoying their workouts which in turn will lead to referral and the overall success of the Leisure Club.
- To consistently deliver superior guest service through our Guest Service Programme
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to Health and Safety and fire procedures.
- To strictly adhere to all security procedures laid down.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
- Qualifications are an important aspect of being a fitness instructor, both for securing employment and ensuring safe practice.
- A minimum of A-level in Physical Education and Sports Studies and then a specific university degree (BSc) in Sports Studies, Health and Fitness Management, Sports Science and other related subjects.
- At least Two years working experience in similar position in the hospitality industry.
- Personal motivation to keep fit and the ability to motivate others to do the same
- Patience and the ability to explain things clearly
- Understanding of lifestyle, diet and the human body
- Awareness of safety and good working practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Job Title: Gym & Fitness Instructor
Department: Front Office
Reports to: Front Office Manager
Job Role Summary
- To deliver a varied, fun, safe, and beneficial fitness programme to all guests of varying ability according to Hospitality’s standards and procedures.
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains an excellent standard of customer service.
- Provide a fitness programme which caters for all guests (children and adults), incorporating group classes and personal training sessions.
- Deliver a wide variety of group sessions specifically tailored to the industry environment.
- Effectively demonstrate techniques and methods of participation and offer alternatives during classes to accommodate varying levels of fitness.
- Promote the fitness programme and actively aim to increase participation.
- Ensure health and safety is to the highest standard and that guests are advised on the effective and safe use of all equipment.
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Hotel’s equipment and the satisfactory appearance of Neilson sites to ensure the meeting of guest expectations.
- Work independently to set up, pack up, and proactively provide assistance to all guests using the fitness equipment each day.
- To practically help with the set up of the centre at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season.
- Help organize and host social events, deliver briefings and generally interact with guests at all times.
- Be prepared to move between different location within the city according to operational needs of the business
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager
- Responsible cleaning and maintaining the pool
- Gym Instructor qualification First Aid certificate will be an added advantage.
- Educated to GCSE standard (Advance educational qualification in Physical Education will be an added)
- Experience of delivering a variety of exercise classes.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Ability to deliver fun, varied, safe and beneficial fitness sessions.
- Knowledge of current fitness industry developments.
- Knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures and the ability to react calmly, quickly, and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge to be able to plan and advise on guest fitness development and lifestyle programmes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff.
- Able to work independently and on own initiative.
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships.
- Presentation Clean and tidy appearance.
- Friendly and enthusiastic.
Job Title: Male Night Manager
Ref No: BWHA/08/16/MNM
Department: Front Office
Reports To: General Manager / Front Office Manager / Resident Manager
- Night Manager will represent the Management during the night.
- The Night Manager also assists the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
- The Night Manager provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office and enforces the Hotels Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised.
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office department making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Direct and oversee all hotel operations during the night shift to ensure guest satisfaction and safety.
- Conduct Briefing for all staff during Night Shift.
- Inform all Overnight staff of nightly activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests.
- Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel in the absence of the Front Office Manager dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Manage the night shift in the department ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate Front Office activities with other departments.
- Required to welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensure that the public areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Occasionally Assist guests with their luggage, be a point of contact for our guests, valet park guests cars and other responsibilities to ensure all requirements are met during our guests stay.
- Must actively participate in the decision making process on guest relocation for nights when over capacity, execute accordingly and ensure a smooth relocation process. This effort must be coordinated with the Front Office Manager and/or Manager on Duty prior to shift start.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, assigning nightly work, conducting training, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and also reward.
- Ensure the accurate completion of the daily night audit in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to perform the full night audit if needed.
- Oversee preparation of daily summary reports.
- Assist the Front Office Manager in implementing and enforcing financial controls throughout the department, helping with control of operating expenses, scheduling and purchasing.
- Should Show Initiative, Problem Solving, Staff Training, Team Leading.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
- Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures.
- Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training.
- Report any suspicious persons, activities and/or hazardous conditions to the Security department and/or the Front Office Manager.
- Must be able to communicate in English writing and speaking and other languages are advantages.
- Good personality and charming is important to be the Night Manager in the way to represent on behalf of hotel management.
- Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hospitality industry or other related field.
- Computer Knowledge
- Previous Front Office experience in supervisory/management capacity in a mid scale or Luxury property is required.
- Previous Front Office experience in supervisory/management capacity in a luxury property required.
- Previous customer service and general computer experience required. Hotel services Software experience preferred.
- Previous customer service and general computer experience required. Property Management Software experience required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as email Subject.
Application Deadline 2nd September, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.