Women for Women International (WfWI) – In countries affected by conflict
and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most
marginalized women to earn and save money,
improve health and
well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect
to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources,
she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly
429,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict.
We directly work with women in eight countries, offering support,
tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and
poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
Women for Women International (WfWI) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Advocacy Coordinator
Location: Jos, Plateau State
- The Advocacy Coordinator will play a central role in supporting
Change Agents, and coordinating community and national advocacy
- The successful candidate must be one who understands and is experienced in advocacy, and who is highly organized.
- This position will be located in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria and reports to the Social Empowerment Manager.
Change Agent Program Implementation and Support:
- Adapting the Change Agent curriculum to the local context.
- Work with Change Agents to develop ‘work plans’ for their
advocacy efforts and provide frameworks to support planning and
monitoring advocacy activities.
- Manage the annual meeting with Change Agents which will be to
support peer-to-peer learning, and for organizational review and
learning of the program.
- Work with NGO partners to ensure that there are opportunities
for Change Agents to become involved in the planning of joint-advocacy
Joint-Advocacy in Communities:
- Manage the relationship with NGOs to support advocacy activities that seek to affect change at the community level.
- Collaborate with partners to develop annual joint-advocacy plans
and ensure the inclusion of specific and measurable objectives which
focus on VAW and WEE as well as other relevant activities for
marginalized women in communities (i.e. WfWI participants/graduates).
- Ensure that WfWI participants/graduates are consulted in the development of plans in line with the progress of grants.
Joint-Advocacy with National NGOs/Partners:
- Map out potential national advocacy partners for national-level advocacy (e.g. targeting national laws or government policy).
- Lead on developing partnerships with potential national advocacy
partners and building engagement with them on VAW and WEE issues.
- Coordinate consultations with WfWI participants/graduates and
national partners to ensure that advocacy objectives are more
sensitive/inclusive to the needs of marginalized women.
Inform Key Influencers And Local Donors:
- Map out and build connections with influencers and foreign
officials to identify targets for WfWI to build relationships with and
also develop a baseline of statements that relate to VAW and WEE by
- Continue to monitor targets’ statements (on VAW and WEE) to measure change.
- Bachelor Degree in Law
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office Applications.
- Strong written and oral skills in English and local language.
- Support the creation of a conducive learning environment within the organisation.
- Five (5) years of professional experience working with an NGO.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise, paying attention to details.
- Established competence in negotiation and influence.
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication with a variety of stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and cover letter and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put “Advocacy Coordinator” in the subject line.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please
Application Deadline Friday, 2nd September 2016.