The Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities. This scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study: Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies.
To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:-
- Not be more than 40 years (Postgraduate) and 45 years (Post-doctoral) of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified
Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be
borne by the applicants.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in
- Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time
of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with
the Universities in Malaysia).
- LEVEL : · Ph.D and Master
- The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
Each scholarship consists of:-
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
Field of studies is in the following priority areas:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
* Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language
Further Enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016 Malaysian Government International Scholarships
Application Deadline: September 15, 2016