16 Aug 2016
Management Accountant Job in a Construction Company in Lagos
Job Title: Management Accountant
- Resolve complex accounting issues or assists other accounting personnel in resolving financial issues.
- Produce financial reports involving the company’s trust accounts for monthly review meetings.
- Ensure that key financial processes are properly documented and updated and reviewed regularly with a view to achieving improvements and efficiencies.
- Manage the external audit processes, ensuring that the External Auditors and other relevant bodies are supplied with information as required, within the agreed timetable and that staff are available for interim and final audits.
- Monitor the activities in the store. Measuring the goods available and goods obtainable.
- Ensure that there is a system by which goods are taken out of store by using the method of FIFO, LILO, LIFO, etc.
- Report on inventories and warehouse materials.
- Produce quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc reports.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
- Prepares and maintains all accounting records and reports required for management.
- Coordinate with the Chief Executive Officer in annual budget development.
- Work effectively with all accounting personnel to insure proper adherence to all accounting functions and practices.
- Make and implement recommendations on how the organization should adopt best practice in terms of financial reporting (where it is not already doing so).
- Ensure that all transactions comply with appropriate accounting regulations and in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Risk identification and management.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
- Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
- Establish working procedures and process for accounting personnel.
- Analyze and reconcile accounts as required.
- Ensuring the integrity of the data held within the finance systems and the security of the related data entry processes.
- Perform any other duties not within the scope of the above listed as required by the CEO or Board of Directors of the Organization.
- First Degree in Accounting
- Management Accounting Experience
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in core accounting function with at least two (2) years in a construction company.
- Membership of a professional accounting body (ICAN etc) is compulsory.
- Experience in use of SAGE accounting software is compulsory.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications letter and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 30th August, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.