JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the
Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company
has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a
valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country’s
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business
activities. The Group’s broad range of industries and services offer
rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy
ambitions for a successful future career.
JAGAL Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Material Controller
Ref No: 621
Reporting to: Team Lead Project Material Controller
- To plan Material availability and effective allocation of Materials to various projects within ND
Key Aims and Objectives
- Monitoring and Control of Project Materials
- Handling, Identification, Transportation, Storage, Preservation and Issuance of Project Materials
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Receiving, Verification and segregation of Project Materials in accordance with Project procedures
- Verification of received Materials against Way Bill / Packing List
- Mark assigned UIDs on Materials
- Receives returned offcuts from fabrications
- Notify Material Coordinators of any discrepancies / Non conformances
- Ensure that all relevant safety, quality and environmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Ensure adherence to all departmental policies, processes and standard operating procedures.
- Tagging and identification of material
- Follow-up and co-ordinate physical verification (ensure visibility of UIDs and traceability information) on all materials.
- Upon receipt of MIVs Identify required materials to be issued
- Efficient control of stock and offcuts.
- Any duties as deemed reasonable within the associated envelope of the individual’s technical capability.
- Project Engineers
- Fabrication Superintendent, Supervisors and Foremen
- Procurement Team
- Warehouse Team
- QA/QC Inspectors
- Logistics Team
- A minimum of Secondary School certificate with a will to further his/her knowledge.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in Materials Handling, Material control and Inventory. (Relevant Industry experience(s) a plus)
- Good verbal and written communication
- Meticulous attention to details
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer (e.g. MS Excel, Word, etc.)
- Proficiency in report writing using excel and Word
- Ability to Identify Materials / Equipment’s
- Interpersonal relationship skill
- Direct experience in the utilization of computerized inventory control systems
- Computer literacy
- Must be proactive and a Self-Starter.
- Good Team Player and able to work in a challenging environment with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the use of forklift or any Material Handling equipment would be an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply