9 Aug 2016
Medicaid Cancer Foundation (MCF) recruitment for Graduate Communications Officer in Abuja
our fight is no longer necessary.
Medicaid Cancer Foundation (MCF) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
The position requires a graduate with experience working in the development sector related to the role. Specific responsibilities include:
- Contribute to developing an advocacy and communication strategy by coordinating appropriate audience research (new and traditional media) and compiling and analyzing relevant data.
- Establish or maintain an up-to-date documentation centre/repository for communication materials including publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media channels and materials.
- Maintain and update an online media relations contact list/database. Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media.
- Produce advocacy and communication materials (e.g. Graphics, Web Pages, Briefing Notes, Images, Video, etc.) that meet MCF and global standards.
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human-interest stories and other advocacy/information materials for both web-based and traditional media, as appropriate.
Compulsory Skill Requirement:
- Applicant MUST possess working skills in either Graphic Design or Web Development/Management. Please if you do not posses any of the two, DO NOT APPLY!!!
- Applicants must have a University degree.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in similar position on projects focusing on Cancer and Cancer Care is desirable.
- Publishing skills and website management strongly required.
- A University degree in any of the following related field: Mass Communication, Journalism, Computer sciences, Social Sciences, etc, and a master’s degree in communication arts will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org STRICTLY in the following format:
- Email subject to read only: MCF/COMMS/0916. Very Important!!!
- Content of the mail should be CV as an attachment
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.