17 Aug 2016
MTN Nigeria Job for a Government Relations Advisor in Abuja
employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Government Relations Advisor
Department: Corporate Services Management
- Provide advisory service with regards to government related issues at the federal and state levels and maintain a strong relationship between these relevant institutions, with a view to ensuring long term viability of the business
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Prepare correspondence and position papers on government related issues.
- Track and monitor events in the government sector, especially as they relate to the telecoms business.
- Provide weekly intelligence reports and feedback on emerging issues in Federal and State Government circles as it relates to Telecommunications.
- Provide informed opinion on all issues relating to MTNN from a government relations perspective, including new legislatures, government policies, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- General MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
- First degree in any relevant discipline
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in roles directly related to high level interactions in government and politics
- On the job training and exposure
- Industry conferences
BEd, BA, BEng, BSc, BTech, HND or LLB
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th August, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.