MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of
a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is
instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are
able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by
continuously improving our
employment offerings even beyond reward and
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Government Relations Advisor
Department: Corporate Services Management
- Provide advisory service with regards to government related
issues at the federal and state levels and maintain a strong
relationship between these relevant institutions, with a view to
ensuring long term viability of the business
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on
optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value
creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and
recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new
business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new
business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation,
business model innovation etc.
- Prepare correspondence and position papers on government related issues.
- Track and monitor events in the government sector, especially as they relate to the telecoms business.
- Provide weekly intelligence reports and feedback on emerging
issues in Federal and State Government circles as it relates to
- Provide informed opinion on all issues relating to MTNN from a
government relations perspective, including new legislatures, government
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering
with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will
improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro
environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement
in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- General MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- First degree in any relevant discipline
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in roles directly related to high level interactions in government and politics
- On the job training and exposure
- Industry conferences
BEd, BA, BEng, BSc, BTech, HND or LLB
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th August, 2016.