The National Democratic Institute (NDI) – Nigeria Field Office is a
nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization supporting
democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for
more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local
worked to establish and strengthen political and civic
organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation,
openness and accountability in government.
National Democratic Institute (NDI) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Guard
- The National Democratic Institute (NDI) seeks to hire a Security
Guard in the NDI- Nigeria Field Office, located in Abuja. This position
reports to the Operations Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol assigned areas on foot to ensure personal, building and equipment security
- Examines doors, window and gates to determine that they are secured
- Provide escort services for visitors
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas
- Take part in drills, performs other miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Shows courtesy towards visitors, partners and staff
- Attend to visitors in a responsive and professional manner;
- Provide a first point of contact to visitors and deal with enquiries courteously during non-business hours.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as
equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn persons of unruling infractions or violations and apprehend or evict violators from premises using force when necessary
- Such other related task(s) as may be assigned by his supervisor
- Watch and report irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water, pipes and security doors left unlocked
- Call supervisor or police in case of the presence of unauthorized persons
- Performs periodic checks of security lights to ensure proper functioning, reports malfunction as required
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of vendors,
visitors and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of secondary school leaving certificate.
- 1-2 years’ work experience as a security guard.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skill.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter and CV’s as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Qualified males and females can apply.
- NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on ground of sex, religion or geographical location.
Application Deadline 17th August, 2016.