The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for a Bridge Program Academic Advisor. This position is local position and open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Job Title: Bridge Program Academic Advisor
Department: Foundation Programs
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
- The Bridge Program Academic Advisor is charged with the responsibility of assessing student needs, goals, interests and prior academic experiences in order to guide students in the design and implementation of a successful academic plan.
- The position will play a key role in the implementation of the bridge program by providing the needed liaison between faculty, courses and the students enrolled in the program.
- The incumbent shall monitor and evaluate student’s academic performance with a view to developing the much needed academic excellence consistent with the development philosophy of the American University of Nigeria.
• A Bachelors’ degree in a related field from a recognized tertiary institution with a minimum of three (3) years experience (PGDM preferred) working with college students or young adults in an academic or career services counseling capacity.
understanding of academic advising and student development theory, and
success in working collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
• Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators and other staff members
• Ability to make balanced judgments and decisions
• Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Attentive listening skills
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to firstname.lastname@example.org before
the closing date of this publication.
The position being applied for
should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be
Closing Date: 15th August, 2016
is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally
diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of
race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital