15 Aug 2016
Nimbus Resource Solutions Vacancy for a General Manager - Fleet Operations
Security Integration and Logistics markets.
Nimbus passion lies in sourcing only the best talent, we do this through using a rigorous recruitment process. We are trusted advisers to our clients, our ability to source the best talent has a significant impact on business performance as well as enhancing individual careers. We operate a platinum level of service.
Job Title: General Manager - Fleet Operations
DescriptionMy client is seeking an outstanding General Manager for its Fleet Operations of 200+ vehicles. Owning the P&L for the Fleet Operation the ideal candidate will direct, administer and coordinate all the activities of the transport function. This position will report to the CEO.
The individual will be able to demonstrate his/her proven track record of consistently leading operations and will play a large leadership role, contributing to the strategic planning of the company.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Owns the P&L and operates the transport Fleet
- Provides operational best practices for managing cost, reliability, environmental and business process initiatives while ensuring organisational compliance to Company policies and procedures and local regulations
- Identify and recommend vehicle specifications for all classes of vehicles used by the company
- Provide supports, advice, and make recommendations to Management on the procurement of new vehicles with approved vendors in accordance with established specifications and policy
- Conducts life cycle analysis of each vehicle class as input for corporate bench marking and development of technical specifications
- Provide leadership, development and mentoring to the Transportation Section staff
- Supervise and advise on the development and management of fleet databases by compiling and reporting fleet related information on vehicle inventory levels, trends, usage, fuel/maintenance/repair expenses, overall analysis of vehicle expenses, and identifying opportunities for increasing service delivery quality and efficiency
- Minimum of 8 years' vehicle fleet management experience, with at least 5 years at a managerial level, and preferably within industries related to Supply Chain, Logistics, shipping or similar
- Bachelor's degree/Masters Degree
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management
- An extensive track record in Sales within Logistics/Supply Chain business
- Solutions orientated
- Experience working in the African market, preferably in Nigeria
- Possess extensive relationship network in the industry
- Independent and self-motivated
- Excellent communication, persuasion and presentation skills
- Qualifications relating to Transport Management
- Excellent understanding and experience of all aspects of the industry, including trucks and mass transport safety standards and specifications, acquisitions and lease agreement negotiations, legal, financing, quality management, vehicle technology, maintenance and trends, and tools for management and analysis.
- Excellent planning, interpretive, constructive thinking skills and requires strong influencing and negotiation skills
BenefitsExcellent remuneration and Ex pat benefits
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.