North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development
Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals
for the position below:
Job Title: Community Development Facilitator (CDF)
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The Community Development Facilitator (CDF) is responsible for
grass-roots development of project concepts and activity submissions.
- The CDF will interact with community groups, non-governmental
organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations
and other groups implementing NRTI-funded activities or potential
- The CDF will work with groups to develop activity ideas and
summaries, refine project concepts during the YL/GL phase, assist in the
creation and negotiation of budgets, as well as be the primary field
oversight for ongoing activities.
- This position will be based at Yobe state office, with program
activities expected to be carried out throughout the state. Travel is
Reporting & Supervision:
- The CDF reports to the State Program Manager based at Yobe.
- Liaise with community groups, NGOs, CBOs, associations and other
community stakeholders to identify potential partners for the project
- Identify potential activities at the community level for project support
- Work with State Program Manager (SPM), and Abuja-based Program
team, develop project ideas identified for support for YL/GL submission.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Support review of Final Evaluation Reports and grant closing.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field.
- Facilitate linkages between communities as needed.
- Work with community organizations to budget and prepare logistics for activities
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and
scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries to SPM and
Abuja-based Reporting Officer.
- Work with staff to ensure project attendance at local events.
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability
- University degree in Political Science, International Affairs or other related Social Sciences field is required.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
- Three years’ work experience in a related field is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management Skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: email@example.com before the closing date above:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 26th August, 2016.