The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian
organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer
and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers
the shelter, emergency food security, and water,
sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Reports to: the Logistics Coordinator
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Supervision, training and development of logistics team in NRC’s logistics policies and procedures ,
- Ensure sustainable stocks/assets management system is in place according to NRC requirements
- Ensure all NRC assets/premises are in good conditions and monitor maintenance/repairs if required.
- Prepare, check and share plans, records and reports as required (e.g. status reports, inventory lists)
- Implement a filing system/archives according to procedures.
- Ensure compliance with NRC’s Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements in all procedures and processes
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus
in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
- Relevant university degree, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing resources to optimize results
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in Hausa
- Minimum 1 year experience from working with Logistics in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Proven experience in custom clearance
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to
adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values:
Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Commencement: As soon as possible.
- Contract period: 1 year (with possibility of extension).
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letter and updated CV’s to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The title of the position you apply for (Logistics Officer – Maiduguri)
must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please notice
that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!!
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position
Application Deadline 5th August, 2016.