2 Aug 2016
Norwegian Refugee Council Job Vacancy for a Logistics Officer in Abuja
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 8/02/2016 06:09:00 am Tags: Abuja Jobs , Logistics Jobs , Norwegian Refugee Council
the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Reports to: the Logistics Coordinator
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Supervision, training and development of logistics team in NRC’s logistics policies and procedures ,
- Ensure sustainable stocks/assets management system is in place according to NRC requirements
- Ensure all NRC assets/premises are in good conditions and monitor maintenance/repairs if required.
- Prepare, check and share plans, records and reports as required (e.g. status reports, inventory lists)
- Implement a filing system/archives according to procedures.
- Ensure compliance with NRC’s Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements in all procedures and processes
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management; warehousing)
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
- Relevant university degree, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing resources to optimize results
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in Hausa
- Minimum 1 year experience from working with Logistics in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Proven experience in custom clearance
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Commencement: As soon as possible.
- Contract period: 1 year (with possibility of extension).
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letter and updated CV's to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org The title of the position you apply for (Logistics Officer - Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!!
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.