The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian
organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer
and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers
assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal
assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
NRC is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Access Information Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated Access strategy functions according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Support the verification and analysis of field level information collected/generated on humanitarian and contextual shifts.
- Support in the development of access information products e.g. maps, graphs etc.
- Ensure data/information security
- Liaise with field based networks in information gathering and analysis.
- Implement a filing system/archives according to procedures
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Provide information management support through data/information triangulation, data storage and dissemination as delegated.
- Relevant university degree, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Proficiency in English and Hausa
- Contextual knowledge of north east Nigeria (Borno State) preferred.
- Experience in handling multiple data platforms and sources
- Demonstrated experience in development of communication/information
- Experience from working in information management and analysis in a humanitarian/recovery/security context
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to
adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values:
Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Handling insecure environments
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract period: 1 Year (with possibility of extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application letter and updated CV’s to: email@example.com
The title of the position you apply for (Access Information Officer –
Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please
notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!!
- Aany application after the closing will not be considered
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position
Application Deadline 10th August, 2016.