The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian
organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer
and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers
the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal
assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected
populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno
State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food
security, water and sanitation, shelter/NFI sectors.
NRC is therefore seeking for the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader – Centre for Monitoring and Communications
Location: Maiduguri Borno State
Commencement: As soon as possible
Contract period: 5 Months (with possibility of extension)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, guidelines and procedures
- Overall supervision of the CMC.
- Direct supervision and training of CMC operators.
- Provide technical support to Communications Operators as required.
- Assist with preparation of guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the CMC.
- Assess status of the CMC and recommend upgrades as needed
- Facilitate the clear and timely flow of appropriate
communication within the CMC and to the Security Coordinator and
interface departments (eg. Logistics Department)
- Conduct daily checks of CMC equipment including communications
equipment checks with Field staff – immediate reporting of equipment
defects to Security Coordinator
- Continuous monitoring of the CMC email address
- Cover Communications Operator duties whenever required.
- Ensure proper use of CMC equipment.
- Ensure that correct communications / radio protocols and procedures are followed.
- Ensure that all Standard Operating Procedures for the CMC are followed.
- Monitor compliance by CMC users of related SOPs, including
Travel Instructions and Maiduguri Field Security Procedures -provide
feedback on same to Security Coordinator
- Carry out any other duties as delegated by the Security Coordinator and Management
- Relevant university degree, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri languages (minimum)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Experience with start-up Monitoring and Communications projects
- Experience of working in a Communications Centre / Radio Room in a humanitarian context
- Knowledge of VHF / HF Radio Protocols and Procedures
- Previous experience of working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to
adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values:
Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their Application
letter, updated CV and copy of a valid means of National Identification
(Passport, Driver’s License, National Identity Card or Voter’s card) to
the following e-mail address: email@example.com
The title of the position you apply for (Team Leader – Centre for
Monitoring and Communications – Maiduguri) must be indicated in the
subject line of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!!
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position
Application Deadline 15th August, 2016.