24 Aug 2016
Nursing Officer Job at IITA
needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
IITA is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Officer
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2016-040
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
The mandate of the unit includes:
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in the collection of vaccines from Jericho Health office occasionally;
- Carry out washing, autoclaving and storage of instruments used in nursing care;
- Carryout management of some clinical cases;
- Replenish the clinic emergency box and resuscitation trolley as needs arises;
- Carryout costing and billing for drugs and other services
- Conduct eye lavage, Ear Syringing and giving of injections;
- Assist in setting up of intravenous infusion as the needs arises;
- Assist in conducting Immunization of mothers and babies;
- Carryout simple eye testing using snellen’s chart
- Carryout clinical consultation when the needs arise (especially after normal hours);
- Carryout drainage of abscesses and suturing of some lacerated wounds;
- Register patients attendance every day;
- Check vital signs (Temperature, Pulse respiration and blood pressure etc.);
- Carryout wound dressing on routine and emergency basis;
- Carryout health education to all categories of staff;
- Assist in the management of very ill patients;
- Assist in updating yellow cards to those who are travelling outside the country;
- Perform any other duties as may be necessitated by the absence of any other member of the health team;
Registered Nurse Certificate and Midwife Certificate with 5 years’ experience in at least three of the following healthcare area:
- Accident and emergency;
- Family planning
- Maternal child health
- Out and in patient medical care;
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good Communication skill;
- Good customer service skill
- Excellent computer literac
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Click here to apply
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in the workforce, therefore female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 7th September, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.