10 Aug 2016
Ongoing Graduate recruitment in a Major Upstream and Downstream Oil and Gas Company
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 8/10/2016 08:11:00 pm Tags: Delta State , Lagos Jobs , Oil and Gas Jobs , OND/HND/BSC Jobs
through upstream (exploration & production and drilling), downstream, trading of oil product,
sub-surface engineering and data appraisal for geophysics and petroleum projects.
Job Title: Receptionist
- Responsible for handling front office reception, general office support, customer service and administration duties.
- Excellent customer service delivery
- Responsible for maintaining sanitation and orderliness of the company reception area at all times.
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person and on the telephone
- Receive In-coming mails/correspondence, registration of such documents and re-directing it to the appropriate staff
- Maintain staff attendance register
- Fulfill all reasonable requests from guests to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety.
- Conduct basic security checks throughout the day and report concerns to the Head Corporate Services
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to the Head Corporate Services ,including all furniture, fittings and equipment around the reception area
- Acts as first point of contact for guests and employees
- Adhere to instructions given by management and ensure that all polices regarding office support and administration are adhered to.
- Oversee all admin related procurements i.e. stationeries, provisions etc.
- Update appointment calendars and schedule follow-up appointments.
- Good interpersonal skills and etiquette
- Excellent communication skill; listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Service driven hand flexible
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to handle pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in operations, customer service or administration area
Job Title: IT Administrator
- Responsible for maintaining the company's IT network, servers and security systems to ensure business continuity
- Responsible for investigating and diagnosing network problems, collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving the company's IT systems and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions.
- Assist colleagues with more basic IT needs by sharing IT related knowledge to help others, including setting up new users and managing backup, security and passwords.
- Serves as the Company’s internet police, monitoring internet and email use.
- Obtain hardware and software quotes on behalf of users and other staff as need be and purchase hardware and software following set procedures with guidance.
- Follow software purchasing guidelines and liaise with the Network Manager to ensure software is compatible with the company’s network.
- Advise IT Support Staff of all relevant hardware/software deliveries.
- Develop company website and design database as well as keeping databases up to date.
- Liaising with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff.
- Managing database security/integrity and backup procedures.
- Writing reports, documentation and operating manuals and writing disaster recovery plans.
- Providing user training, support and feedback.
- Archiving data.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to deal with complexities
- Good understanding of software and database management system
- Knowledge of installing IT hardware and software
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Professional memberships required
- At least,4 years prior experience in providing work station support
- Working experience of IT operating system(Windows, Exchange and Citrix)
Job Title: HSE Supervisor
- Responsible for the development, implementation organizational safety programs as well as drive the daily operations of the HSE unit and monitor the application of effective health and safety practices.
- Implementation of the ISM/SMS System and Procedures
- Provide safety compliance onshore and offshore and perform regular HSE audits.
- Pro-actively develop and implement HSE programs across the company and ensure that there is on-going awareness and education.
- Conduct hazard identification studies using scenario-based risk analysis methods (HAZOP, HAZID, etc.).
- Responsible for record keeping and inventory
- Promote HSE awareness within the whole company through meetings/trainings, newsletter, safety bulletins, posters and through safety committee/safety representatives, safety moment, safety drills.
- Handle HSE plans for major projects and carryout regular inspections
- Represent the Company in OPTS HSE Subcommittee or any compliance body and act as first point of contact on all HSE related matters
- Conduct HSE training onboard the vessels based on LSA/FFA equipment.
- Documentation of the ISM/SMS System both onboard ship and in the operational office.
- Collate month end reports from vessels to the office for record purposes.
- Prepare crew for HSE induction briefings and debriefings when embarking and disembarking vessels.
- Carryout the familiarization session of both offshore and onshore workers.
- Carry out accident/incident investigations.
- Ensure the use of PPE by crew at all times while working.
- Conduct and initiate drills onboard vessels.
- Prepare yearly LSA/FFA status for all vessel and barges.
- Prepare vessels for client inspections according to the flag state or port state of the vessel.
- Record keeping for all vessels and barges according to the ISM filing systems provided by the IMO.
- Liaise with Government on regulation issues as it relates to vessel operations.
- Preparation of daily, monthly, weekly and yearly HSE statistics for the vessels and barges and for the company.
- Carryout emergency response drill according to the company drill policy.
- Conduct and carryout practical firefighting training.
- Provide safety coverage for loading and offloading of crude oil.
- Open, courageous, hands-on and caring (for people and the environment)
- Ability to learn fast and to have excellent safety/security initiatives
- Technical writing is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to work different shifts and travel up to 20% of the time.
- Proactive and able to instantly detect risks and hazard
- Documentation and housekeeping skill
- Leadership skills
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in a Health, Safety/Security related discipline
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years HSE experience, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry
- Safety security network connection in Nigeria
- Must be NISP certified
- Membership of a relevant Safety/Security professional body (NEBOSH, IOSH, OSHA)
Job Title: Geologist
- Interpretation of data using geophysical techniques to forecast the location for extraction. Role requires the generation of a structural and sedimentary plan for oil trap identification and exploration.
- Provide quality interpretations (2D and 3D) and data interpretations and drives workstation skills leading to the generation of well plan for the exploration.
- Use Landmark Application for seismic interpretation and well log evaluation.
- Stratworks adoption for the Lithological Correlation and Evaluation of Well formation.
- Subsurface studies in a variety of Stratigraphy, Sedimentology, and Structural settings for possible yielding zones.
- Denudation stratification and sedimentation study of the Ajapa field through the available seismic data.
- Seismic interpretation and wire line logging interpretation.
- Technique research fields and picking of faults and horizons for more prolific zones.
- Representation of faulty lines on the map using edit polygon (Fault Polygon).
- Periodic investigation of the composition, structure, and history of the earth's crust through the collection, examination, measurement, and classification of soils, minerals, rocks, and fossil remains.
- Surveying and mapping geologically promising sites as well as collecting and recording samples and data from test sites.
- Analyzing geological data using applicable industry standard software
- Ascertaining extraction risks and natural disasters such as mud slides, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions, and providing advice on ways in which potential damage can be mitigated.
- Reservoir characterization and Evaluation of petro physical parameters.
- Thorough studies and mapping out of prospect, maturation/appraisal and early exploration phase data acquisition and associated operations.
- Research study on both log data and seismic data of the field in accordance with the instruction of the Supervisor/Head of Department.
- Interpretation of Horizons, that are annotated and presentation of major faults and Horizons interpretation:
- Any other task as assigned by the Exploration Manager.
- Knowledge of a range of sciences and their applications
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers
- Computer literacy and ability to analyze numerical and graphical data
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable industry standard soft wares eg: Decision Space Cuosciences, Petrel, Seisworks, Stratworks etc
- Capability in ground and surface water assessment
- Seismic data interpretation
- Writing research papers
- A degree in Petroleum Geology or Geophysics
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role
- Relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Forecast accuracy in initiating extraction processes
Job Title: Accounts Officer
- Responsible for providing support in looking after the organization’s financial plan and also given the responsibility of financial planning and record keeping of all accounts.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations and reports to accompany monthly management accounts.
- Audit payrolls.
- Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation and preparing tax returns.
- To supervise the posting of accounting information daily and ensure back up of electronic data
- Preparing journal entries for posting to SAGE
- Assisting with the preparation and consolidating annual accounting reports.
- Reconciling balance sheets on a frequent basis
- Analyzing expenditures against budget, investigating annual and monthly financial accounts.
- Preparing reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements.
- Providing accounting support to managerial staff, colleagues and clients.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Must be competent in International Financial Reporting Standards
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application; especially Excel
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance creativity, problem solving, and results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business related degree required
- IFRS Certification will be an advantage
- ICAN/ACCA Membership Advantage
- 2+ years of relevant experience
Job Title: Financial Accountant
- Responsible for the validity of all accounting reports. Ensures all laws and regulations are followed precisely when recording reports. Conducting audits or supporting external audits to stay updated on all of the financial activity to ensure finances are in order.
- Assist the CFO to develop and update accounting, finance and management policies and procedures in accordance with IFRS
- Implement the accounting/finance and management policies using SAGE and to produce the monthly management accounts by the 15th working day of the month following the accounting period.
- Propose yearend adjustments and preparing annual financial statements
- Develop reports for CFO summarizing the business financial position in areas of income, expenses, capital usage and cash flows, and assists the CFO with the preparation of strategic plans, budgets and financial forecast
- Effective Cash Flow Management.
- Monitoring budgets and comparing them with actual cost and revenues related to operation and capital.
- Coordinating the Accounts Department and managing team effort
- Reconciling control accounts and sorting out the discrepancies and making recommendations to CFO
- Projects evaluation and appraisal/bidding.
- Non – Current Assets Management.
- Preparation of budgets and reports.
- Preparation of other financial information for executive management use as required from time to time.
- Liaising with the relevant statutory bodies – NEITI, Auditors, DPR etc.
- Inventory Control & Treasury Management.
- Cost management and costing system supervision.
- Supervision of the internal control procedures and the continuous evaluation of its effectiveness.
- Proposing yearend adjustment and preparing annual financial statements in compliance with IFRS
- Reviewing and posting all processed transactions in Sage
- Reviewing all taxes calculations and Bank Reconciliations
- Ensuring well-kept filling system and data base for all financial information
- Maintain and distribute accounting manual and ensure this is in compliance with IFRS and actual practices.
- Formulating Group-Wide Controls and procedures and monitoring implementation
- Liaising with the External auditors to ensure smooth audit timetable completion
- Liaising with the banks and other financial institutions as and when required
- Heavy SEC reporting in background with strong technical accounting experience
- Strong upstream, Exploration and Production accounting knowledge
- IFRS, working capital, cash flow control and management accounts
- Budget Preparation, financial forecasting, economic awareness and analysis
- Ability to manage operations within budgetary constraints
- Interpret financial data, auditing, and strategic thinking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in
- effectively communicating key data, including presentations to board,
- investor groups or other outside partners
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and related courses
- ICAN/ACCA and other professional memberships required
- IFRS Certification
- Strong upstream, Exploration and Production accounting experience
- 10+ years of progressively increasing responsibilities
Job Title: Senior Accounts Officer
- Responsible for processing, recording, updating and reconciling fiscal information in compliance with established policies; providing instructions, recommendations and/or accounting support to other personnel; and analyzing expenditures against budget.
- Distribute all approved LPOs and Work orders to the various Vendors.
- Receive all invoices for jobs completed by Vendors.
- Ensure approval and sign off by the respective Supervisors.
- Distribute all cheques received from the CEO to the various respective vendors.
- Keep a record of all cheque received and disbursed to vendors.
- Maintain a cash book and render weekly returns to the CFO.
- Summarize all cash requests as approved by the MD, CFO and the CEO
- Collate all retirements from staff and officers for all cash advances and reconcile
- Ensure all monies are correctly banked and posted onto the Sage system.
- Establish and maintain cash control systems
- Monitor and pay staff expenses
- Attend regular operational meetings and supply information on vendors balances, payments made on jobs and outstanding upon demand.
- Keep adequate records of creditors at all times for management information.
- Perform fund transfer via banks, daily payment schedule and posting of new receipts.
- Monitor overdrawn balances or large and bring unusual transactions to CFO’s attention.
- Raise direct debits and gift aid payments, as required by the management.
- Contribute to the planning for the year-end accounts process and annual audits.
- Contribute to the yearend file, including all working papers and back up documentation for the accounts.
- Control the profit and loss account ensuring creditors and debtors are correctly attended to.
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts and pay suppliers whilst prioritising payments in consultation with the Accountant and CFO if cash flow is limited.
- Post sales and purchase invoices to ledgers.
- Post journal entries to SAGE
- Heavy SEC reporting in background with strong technical accounting experience
- Strong upstream, Exploration and Production accounting knowledge
- Public accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience working in fast paced, dynamic environments that have required adaptability and flexibility to be successful
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to board, investor groups or other outside partners
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from supervisor to accomplish objectives
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related course
- IFRS Certification required
- ICAN/ACCA Membership required
- 6+ years of progressively increasing responsibilities
Job Title: Shore base Manager, Warri
- Plan, direct and manage the performance of all Warri and Offshore operations, including its human and material resource; so as to maintain and develop business growth in accordance with the overall strategy. The Shore base Manager will exercise control over all upstream activities, ensuring excellent operational delivery and highest standards of services provided by contractors.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy.
- Work with the HSE personnel to ensure statutory compliance with Health and Safety legislation, conducting risk assessments, monitoring performance and reviewing procedures.
- Implement and assist in the development, review and maintenance of various policies including Health and Safety, Security and Environmental.
- Develop an environment with systems and processes in place which will enable and encourage business opportunities. Coordinate well prognosis, plan and integrated reservoir studies report.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function (HR, IT, Finance) as well as coordination and communication between functions.
- Hold periodic meetings with team and crew members to deliberate on operational processes and workflow matters.
- Work with clients, contractors, & local communities regarding any issues concerning vessel and equipment functionality and personnel.
- Implement procedures and processes which allow for ownership and accountability by Warri base personnel and Vessel crew for operational expenses.
- Develop, maintain and monitor the Base’s accounting systems and procedures, capturing all billings and receipts and keeping accurate records of all revenue transactions. Recommend and implement improvements to systems in conjunction with the Chief Finance Officer where appropriate.
- Ensure that appropriate standards of conduct are established and complied with.
- Directing the planning and execution of maintenance & major shutdowns and approving plans, tender packages, bid evaluation, and recommending contract awards as appropriate.
- Knowledge of Offshore Operations and maritime processes
- Solid background in upstream operations and strong delivery focus.
- Technical hands-on skill in operation, repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment and machines is required
- Good communication and presentation skill
- Leading the production team in the forecasting, planning and delivering of production volumes
- Critical planning and management skill
- Production processes experience and skill
- Degree in Petroleum Engineering/ diploma in Mechanical, Marine or production engineering or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience 5 of which is in a related industry, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience in handling multiple projects simultaneously including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.