Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for
children. We work in 120 countries. Save the Children saves children’s lives; we fight
for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
Nigeria (Save the Children) is seeking the services of a professional photographer with
experience in taking development work oriented photographs. The
photographer will assist the organisation to document its various
projects activities and success stories through photography. These
photographs will form part of CDGP project/programme photo portfolio.
- To capture high resolution images of CDGP’s various programme/project activities in various parts of the country.
- Caption each photograph with specific
details such as the location taken, name of the person (for portraits),
activity and any other relevant information.
- Provide CDGP with at least 1000 high
quality photographs on 2CD-roms and 32GB flash drive from all the
project LGAs. The copyright for all these photographs remains with
- Review currently available case studies within the programme.
- To translate and reproduce English-voice over CDGP video documentary in Hausa.
- Five years progressive experience as a photographer
- Experience taking photographs for development related agencies and projects
- Previous experience of working with SCI or any national and international NGOs.
- Availability and willingness to travel to Zamfara and Jigawa states; cognate field experience is required.
- Ability to work in close coordination with other team members.
- At least a degree or diploma or training in photo journalism will be an added advantage.
- Ownership or possession of a high resolution state of the art digital camera/equipment is a MUST.
- A collection of photographs (Jpeg and
PNG versions) depicting CDGP’s work across its core programme areas –
Cash transfer, One-on-One Counseling, Targeting and Enrolment, Food
Demonstration, Exclusive breastfeeding, IYCF support group sessions,
CHEWS Nutrition Education, beneficiaries (with significant story of
- A collection of sample photo essays of project beneficiaries of CDGP projects across all its core programme areas.
- Edited and captioned pictures to illustrate uploaded stories.
- Training report with agenda and training curriculum.
- Compendium of success stories from beneficiaries.
- Hausa-voice over CDGP Documentary Video (in CDs, 8GB flash drive and online-supported version)
administratively be under the overall supervision and report directly to
the Knowledge Management Advisor, and work collaboratively with the
CDGP State project team in Jigawa and Zamfara states to deliver the
their combined Technical & Financial Proposals to the address below
not later than February 18, 2016 (17:00.)
project (documentary, digital, cyber, project documents, etc) belonging
to CDGP, which the consultant may come into contact with in the
performance of his/her, duties under this assignment shall remain the
property of CDGP who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except
for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed
to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of
SCI/CDGP in line with the national and International Copyright Laws
SCI terms of contract and managed by solely for the purpose of
delivering the above outputs.
necessary support to the consultant in order to execute the assignment
during the duration of the consultancy. These shall include:
- Access to relevant project documents necessary for execution of the duties under this consultancy;
- Provision of logistic arrangement to and within the project states.
- 20% upon submission of acceptable drafts; and
- 80% Final payment upon submission of the final outputs, incorporating suggestions and recommendations from CDGP.
- A Job Proposal: Letter of Interest, stating why you consider yourself suitable for the assignment;
- Personal CV highlighting past experience in similar projects; and
- Work references – contact details (e-mail addresses) of referees
- Financial proposal indicating
consultancy fee (lump sum fee) and a breakdown of expenses (unit price
together with any other expenses) related to the assignment.