9 Aug 2016
PMU Project Manager Job in a Financial NGO in Abuja
To further achieve the aforementioned objective, our client has identified the urgent need to recruit competent and suitably qualified individuals to fill the specified position below:
Job Title: PMU Project Manager
Location: Abuja (Candidates must be willing to relocate. Relocation will be covered by the client)
Reports to: Digital Financial Services (DFS) Platform Manager
Seven out of ten Nigerian adults are unbanked, and nearly half of the adult population is considered financially excluded. Some banking clients have to travel long distances to reach a branch, resulting in the travel cost sometimes being higher than the amount the client wanted to deposit on that day.
Digital Financial Services (DFS) has the potential to expand the delivery of basic financial services to the poor or underbanked through new technologies like mobile phones, computers, electronic money and new channels such as retail agents.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the planning and execution of projects and activities supporting the deployment of Digital Financial Services (DFS) platform initiative.
- Because not all of the key deliverables will be created under the direct supervision of the PM, it will be important that the PM is able to build strong, mutually respectful partnerships with stakeholders, manage expectations, and ensure the appropriate level of communication for multiple audiences.
- The PM understands the initiative environment and shares stakeholder perspectives with the project team.
- This will include the successful digitization of multiple priority payment streams with accompanying payment system changes, critical to driving overall financial inclusion in Nigeria.
- The Project Manager must coordinate contributions from many participants to ensure projects deliver the expected scope and business value, are completed on budget and on schedule and are delivered with quality.
- Develop and coordinate project tasks, manage timelines, maintain project plans to meet implementation goals and communicate status of project work streams;
- Facilitate meetings and communications throughout the project lifecycle to build project momentum and ensure transparency of relevant project information to appropriate audiences. Establish and nurture relationships with project stakeholders and sponsors;
- Responsible for detecting potential issues, escalating and implementing solutions at the project level when there are issues that may delay the timeline, impact budget or outcomes;
- Provide support to DFS platform team effort to extract learnings and deliverables for use by broader audience;
- Liaise with Project sponsors and Project Secretariat to facilitate development of grants and contracts needed to drive projects.
- Work closely with program managers and project teams within relevant public and private sector institutions, reviewing key deliverables in line with approved project plans;
- Coordinate with people managers, partners, vendors and project sponsorship to ensure projects are appropriately resourced and/or tools are effectively managed to achieve project objectives;
- Champion the need for and share best practices for change and change management approach, including identification of interdependencies and impact;
Core Knowledge and Skills:
- Understands the business benefits of the project and the linkage between the project/program goals and organizational strategy and drivers;
- Solid knowledge and expertise utilizing project management and change management frameworks for successful project delivery across the project lifecycle;
- working in developing economies and managing complex technical projects essential;
- Understanding of mobile payment solutions, especially in developing markets, and payment system actors, infrastructure, and regulations;
- Effective as a collaborator in complex internal and external organizations. Strong at synthesizing and presenting complex information for a variety of stakeholders;
- Manage day to day relationship with internal and external colleagues, grantees, and close partners. Identify and develop relationships in support of program work;
- Problems are often complex and require research and careful review of options and communication.
- Minimum of a First Degree and/or professional certifications in relevant technical fields or other social science disciplines from a reputable institution;
- Minimum of Ten (10) years' cognate work experience within the financial or technology sector, seven (7) of which should be in a similar function at senior management level;
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- This position attracts a competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- The position is for a 2-year initial contract period, renewable subject to the project’s life cycle and per candidates’ performances.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download a pre-interview questionnaire below and send the completed questionnaire with a copy of their updated resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com quoting the Job Title and Reference Code for the position in the subject.
Click here to download Pre-interview Questionnaire
Application Deadline 19th August, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.