Talentstone Finance – Our client is a financial sector non-governmental
body. It seeks to support increased access to financial services by
making the market for financial services work better for the poor, and
by improving regulation in Nigeria.
To further achieve the aforementioned objective, our client has
identified the urgent need to recruit competent and suitably qualified
individuals to fill the specified position below:
Job Title: PMU Technical Advisor – DFS
Location: Abuja (Candidates must be willing to relocate. Relocation will be covered by the client)
Reports to: Digital Financial Services (DFS) Platform Manager
Seven out of ten Nigerian adults are unbanked, and nearly half of the
adult population is considered financially excluded. Some banking
clients have to travel long distances to reach a branch, resulting in
the travel cost sometimes being higher than the amount the client wanted
to deposit on that day.
Digital Financial Services (DFS) has the potential to expand the
delivery of basic financial services to the poor or underbanked through
new technologies like mobile phones, computers, electronic money and new
channels such as retail agents.
- The PMU Technical Advisor, reporting to the DES Platform Program
Manager will serve as the technical expert on national scale Digital
Financial Services (DES) platform solution design principles.
- Identify and develop local technology collaboration and
partnerships that will be critical in informing team’s understanding of
technology landscape and for creating successful initiatives for
- This will include support for the innovators’ community
- This will include payment system and mobile money technology, in
order to shape and influence national projects, activities and
Competencies & Skills Requirements:
- Experience in developing payment system architectures
- Excellent understanding of open source development and developer
community, and be actively engaged with technology innovators in
- Technical understanding (deep understanding in as many areas as
possible) among market solutions for mobile, data integration, payment
services, fraud and security, user identity and accounts
- Experience managing complex technology projects and teams for on-time and on-budget delivery
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a First Degree and/or professional certifications in
relevant technical fields or other social science disciplines from a
- Minimum of Ten (10) years’ cognate work experience within the
financial or technology sector, seven (7) of which should be in a
similar function at senior management level
- This position attracts a competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- The position is for a 2-year initial contract period, renewable
subject to the project’s life cycle and per candidates’ performances.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download a pre-interview questionnaire below and send the completed questionnaire with a copy of their updated resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com quoting the Job Title and Reference Code for the position in the subject.
Application Deadline 19th August, 2016.