9 Aug 2016
PMU Technical Advisor Job in a Financial NGO in Abuja
To further achieve the aforementioned objective, our client has identified the urgent need to recruit competent and suitably qualified individuals to fill the specified position below:
Job Title: PMU Technical Advisor - DFS
Location: Abuja (Candidates must be willing to relocate. Relocation will be covered by the client)
Reports to: Digital Financial Services (DFS) Platform Manager
Seven out of ten Nigerian adults are unbanked, and nearly half of the adult population is considered financially excluded. Some banking clients have to travel long distances to reach a branch, resulting in the travel cost sometimes being higher than the amount the client wanted to deposit on that day.
Digital Financial Services (DFS) has the potential to expand the delivery of basic financial services to the poor or underbanked through new technologies like mobile phones, computers, electronic money and new channels such as retail agents.
- The PMU Technical Advisor, reporting to the DES Platform Program Manager will serve as the technical expert on national scale Digital Financial Services (DES) platform solution design principles.
- Identify and develop local technology collaboration and partnerships that will be critical in informing team’s understanding of technology landscape and for creating successful initiatives for financial inclusion.
- This will include support for the innovators’ community
- This will include payment system and mobile money technology, in order to shape and influence national projects, activities and deliverables.
- Experience in developing payment system architectures
- Excellent understanding of open source development and developer community, and be actively engaged with technology innovators in Nigeria
- Technical understanding (deep understanding in as many areas as possible) among market solutions for mobile, data integration, payment services, fraud and security, user identity and accounts
- Experience managing complex technology projects and teams for on-time and on-budget delivery
- Minimum of a First Degree and/or professional certifications in relevant technical fields or other social science disciplines from a reputable institution
- Minimum of Ten (10) years’ cognate work experience within the financial or technology sector, seven (7) of which should be in a similar function at senior management level
- This position attracts a competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- The position is for a 2-year initial contract period, renewable subject to the project’s life cycle and per candidates’ performances.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download a pre-interview questionnaire below and send the completed questionnaire with a copy of their updated resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com quoting the Job Title and Reference Code for the position in the subject.
Click here to download Pre-interview Questionnaire
Application Deadline 19th August, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.