6 Aug 2016
Population Council Job in Nigeria for a Program Officer (Ending Eclampsia)
And we empower girls to protect themselves and have a say in their own lives.
Job Title: Program Officer (Ending Eclampsia)
To provide support for administrative and programmatic activities toward implementing Population Council’s USAID/MacArthur-supported ‘Ending Eclampsia’ project in Nigeria.
1. Match program activities with the logistics and financial requirements to create enabling environment necessary for carrying out all field activities including training, research, meetings, community mobilization and stakeholders’ engagement.
2. Ensure smooth running of research and program activities at project sites and provide feedback to the program coordinator
3. Serve as a liaison between all facilities and field staff working on this project and the Council’s office in Abuja
4. Ensure that consultants and field staff are implementing the project as planned, and of desired quality and provide feedback to the coordinator Ending Eclampsia
5. Plans, coordinates and conduct monitoring activities to project sites, as assigned, in collaboration with the M&E unit, and provide feedback to the program coordinator
6. Ensures that field data are captured and transmitted to the data unit in a timely manner
7. Coordinate project reviews/meetings at PC office and in project states (and across international offices, if needed) and ensure that such reviews/meetings are well coordinated
8. Support the organization of PC’s events to disseminate findings from the USAID/MacArthur projects.
9. Provide assistance to partner organizations in implementing project activities and accelerating and/or expanding activities, where needed.
10. Support the program coordinator to lead in the organization and facilitation of project related training workshops, seminars and project dissemination meetings.
11. Liaise with PIs, Consultants and relevant officers working on ongoing Pre-eclampsia/eclampsia projects for the collation of relevant materials for publication and dissemination
12. Ensure that projects are adequately planned and implemented in accordance with approved work plans and budgets
13. Assumes active roles in sharing of project outputs through publications in journals and conferences
14. Any other duties as may be assigned by his or her supervisor.
1. Level of Education: A minimum of university degree in health sciences, social science, community development, or allied fields.
2. General communication & interpersonal skill level – Excellent
3. Language requirement: English- excellent
4. IT expertise required: Good
5. Understanding of local communities and culture in Nigeria
6. Ability to travel within Nigeria
7. Prior experience: 3 – 5 years experience working on maternal health, youth sexual and reproductive health or similar programs
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: Tuesday, August 23, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.