MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of
a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is
instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are
able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by
continuously improving our
employment offerings even beyond reward and
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
- To plan, manage and allocate resources for the execution of IS
projects in line with the needs of all business units in the
organization and MTN N business plan
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on
optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value
creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and
recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative,
capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review
and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural
changes within the Unit etc.
- Develop detailed work plans and identify project deliverables
and ensure all projects are well defined in terms of detailed project
deliverables, milestones and time frames.
- Deploy and manage resources effectively for the successful
execution of IS projects, securing the release of project required
resources including project staff and financial resources.
- Review issues and problems in relation to projects, deal with
vendors and administer contracts and identify project risks, as well as
recommend actions to mitigate risks.
- Assist in evaluating, tracking and managing the development and
performance of team members, to ensure productivity and achievement of
- Close out project ensuring all resources are accounted for and released appropriately.
- Compile lessons to learn for use by project teams in execution
of on-going and future projects and participate in post project delivery
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new
business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new
business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation,
business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing
stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This
includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions,
involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro
environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement
in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
- Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational
performance and drive people management activities by being the
principal coach for your direct reports using the people management
framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as
mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support
recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
- Carry out feasibility studies in new business initiatives and
develop project charter, identifying project scope, expectations,
objectives, risks, approach and deliverables with senior management and
stakeholders, to support business goals.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- First Degree in Electrical/Electronics, Computer Science / Engineering or related discipline.
- Fluent in English
- Procession of a professional project management certification (PRINCE2/PMP) will be an advantage.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Risk management prior to and during the project execution, managing risks within project timelines, budgets and quality
- International certification in project management
- Technology Seminars/workshops
- Leadership Development programs
- Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis techniques
- General Management skills
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Formal project management experience in a telecommunications
business environment or in a customer care & billing systems
(CC&BS) or an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems environment
- Proven experience in Managing large scale digital projects and
solutions across complex, trans-national, cross-Functional program and
- Experience of facilitating project coordination and managing
expectations across internal, 3rd party and/or client teams according to
project requirements and workstreams from kick off to deployment
- BEng, BTech or HND.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th September, 2016.