UKEAS Nigeria – The University of Dundee has a global reputation for
research excellence, and was recently ranked in the Times Higher
Education Top 200 World Universities. It places great importance on
student satisfaction, and was top in Scotland in the 2015 National
Over 95% of our graduates are employed, or in further
study within six months of graduation. The University was named Scottish
University of the year in the Tunes and Sunday Tunes Good University
Guide earlier this year.
UKEAS Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment Officer (West Africa)
Location: UKEAS, Victoria Island Office
- Identifying, delivering and monitoring student recruitment opportunities for target audiences in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Raising the and awareness of the University of Dundee programmes
and successfully helping to achieve outcomes that advance the
University’s international strategy.
- Attending student recruitment events throughout Nigeria and Ghana.
- Developing relationships with key scholarship bodies and
government departments, and enhancing the existing network of agents in
The Successful Applicant:
- Will be expected to significantly increase our matriculated
student numbers (undergraduate and postgraduate) from scholarship
bodies, agents and direct recruitment.
Key Job Areas / Deliverables:
- Organise and undertake recruitment visits across Nigeria and
Ghana. This will include representing the University at exhibitions,
educational institutions, predaparture briefings, agents and local
- Identifying opportunities for the University to promote all of
its programmes and at all levels, including niche subjects areas, across
Nigeria and Ghana.
- Advising prospective international students on thud applications to Dundee.
- Support Dundee-based colleagues and senior academic staff in planning university visits to ensure maximum impact
- Work within the University of Dundee’s West Africa marketing budget.
- Manage the University’s relationships in Nigeria with scholarship bodies and government! industry.
- Provide high quality market intelligence enabling the
identification of new opportunities to optimist international student
- Answering enquiries from agents and students in a prompt manner, and to support university applications,
Desirable Criteria Considered Advantageous:
- Graduate of University of Dundee.
- Experience of working In University recruitment
- Familiarity with Scotland and Scottish Higher Education.
- Graduate, preferably from a UK University (University of Dundee particularly desired) with relevant professional qualification
- Demonstrable knowledge of the UK, especially the UK’s higher education
- Understanding of the general principles of the tier 4 general student visa regulations
- Knowledge of the Nigerian and Ghanian higher education system with ability to travel
- Able to travel both Nigeria and Ghana and overseas and to work non-standard hours when required.
- Excellent oral and written English Language skills
- At least two years work experience in a relevant environment
- Experience in recruitment of African students for UK-based Higher Education Programmes (strongly preferred)
- Ability to work independently, taking a proactive approach, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their full CV and
covering letter detailing why you think you are best suited for the Job
Application Deadline 11th August, 2015.