2 Aug 2016
Research Laboratory Director Job at The Henry M. Jackson Foundation
that benefit members of the armed forces and civilians alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Laboratory Director
Job Number: 210874
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) is seeking a Director of Research - Nigeria for the HIV Research Program (MHRP) located in Abuja, Nigeria. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to MHRP.
- Serve as a member of the WRP-N Management Team and direct/oversee daily operations of the WRP-N research laboratory.
- Maintain/advance Subject Matter Expert of regulatory agency requirements for research laboratories (i.e. College of American Pathologists accreditation, (CAP), FDA regulatory requirements , Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP), and Quality Assurance/Quality Control monitoring (quality)).
- Develop/monitor budgets for laboratory operations.
- Ensure sufficient manpower for execution of research laboratory missions.
- Maintain/foster communications with internal and external partners, collaborators, and senior leadership.
- Coordinate and direct all work of the research laboratory to ensure that all laboratory testing is executed in line with national and international standards.
- Provide managerial oversight to laboratory related staff.
- Provide technical advice and analysis for improving laboratory services with particular emphasis on quality provision of services and support of research activities/initiatives.
- Maintains a safe work environment with appropriate training of other personnel.
- Maintain/advance state-of-art technologies/methodologies for serologic, virologic, molecular, flow cytometric, safety laboratory testing, clinical and therapeutic monitoring for diagnostic, surveillance, vaccine, and therapeutic initiatives.
- Identify and expand intramural and extramural collaborations for clinical translation research efforts.
- Attend professional scientific meetings and actively participate in exchange of report of findings.
- Contribute to the peer reviewed scientific literature/community through peer reviewed manuscripts, abstracts, and oral and written presentations.
- Completes other projects as needed.
- PhD in related scientific discipline
- 6 - 10 years of hands-on experience in performing/directing clinical laboratory safety tests, implementation of laboratory quality assurance management plans, verification/validation of assays, techniques, procedures in a highly regulated environment.
- Familiarity with Good Clinical Laboratory Practices, College of American Pathologist, and Food and Drug Administration accreditation requirements required.
- Experience with multi-site, international clinical trials preferred.
- The incumbent will be expected to relocate to Abuja, Nigeria.
- Job performance requires ability to move between laboratory areas.
- The individual must be able to sit for lengthy periods to include writing reports, standard operating procedures, plans, policies, and performing data analysis at a computer terminal.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time, locally and internationally.
- Certification by a board approved by US Health and Human Services preferred, but not required.
- Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls:
- Supervises technical support staff
- Laboratory environment; may require working evenings and weekends; may involve working with bio hazardous materials.
- Extensive knowledge of performance of clinical and endpoint laboratory tests, including choice of instruments/equipment and reagents and interpretation and limitation of test results;
- Understanding/knowledge of principle of clinical laboratory Quality Assurance and proficiency testing procedures;
- Excellent organization, computer, and written and verbal communication skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and supervise staff.
- Extensive knowledge of College of American Pathologist (CAP), US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Good Clinical Laboratory Practices, and accreditation requirements;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.